• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 20, 2020

    Tech Support - Does shrinking an image increase DPI?

    Tech Support - Does shrinking an image increase DPI?


    Does shrinking an image increase DPI?

    Posted: 20 May 2020 02:17 AM PDT

    I need to submit an image for printing that requires a min of 1920x1080 pixels and 300 DPI.

    The image I have is 4256x2832 pixels but only 240 DPI. Is it possible to up the DPI by reducing the resolution of the image?

    Sorry if I sound like I have no idea what I'm talking about, cos I don't.

    submitted by /u/Meeia
    [link] [comments]

    Instagram TV fullscreen problem

    Posted: 20 May 2020 04:17 AM PDT

    Hi guys and girls I have a problem with Instagram the problem is I upload high quality video clips of gaming and they come out fine on my feed quality is kept and also on my Instagram TV but when on a Instagram TV clip and I change it to full screen mode like turn my phone or press the full screen button it goes to fullscreen and plays about 5 secs or sometimes 10 in the perfect crisp quality I uploaded but then just suddenly drops to absolute shit blurry potato quality and doesn't recover. It's not a signal strength thing because it happens everywhere. It's not an upload thing because out of full screen mode it's fine. It's just when I go to fullscreen mode. It's really annoying because that is the whole point of IGTV to watch it in fullscreen and longer length videos. But it just goes shit after few seconds. I'm baffled as to why?!

    submitted by /u/frankandbeans13
    [link] [comments]

    Can companies find out what domain names people search for?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    I thought of an awesome domain name for my company about one week ago. No one had used it when I tried connecting to the URL (wouldn't connect) so I planned to use that for my company name. I find out today that some random agency had bought it up and is selling it for $3000!!!!!

    I'm pissed, is there a way they detected me checking the URL and then bought it up before I could? Or is it random chance?

    submitted by /u/dgapproacher
    [link] [comments]

    Development team efficiency

    Posted: 20 May 2020 03:28 AM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I am conducting a study on team alignment and efficiency. I am trying to understand the different pain points teams are experiencing and how it can be solved.

    Are you a Tech lead, CTO, Head of tech and able to spare 10 minutes of your time?

    If yes, please take a moment to fill out the survey below!

    Thank you! development team efficiency

    submitted by /u/peponida
    [link] [comments]

    How fast would the internet be without the layer for security?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 11:17 PM PDT

    In a perfect world without thinking of security, will there be a difference in internet speed if all security layers are removed?

    submitted by /u/tsuuchi
    [link] [comments]

    Any WinAero tweaker users here? What do you use it for?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    I've seen it recommended to install on windodows but I'm wondering what you find it useful for?

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    Can/do ISPs prioritise data on your connection?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 08:29 PM PDT

    I work in tech support (not netadmin or sysadmin) and I know that packet shapers are used to prioritise network traffic, usually so that VC and Teams/Skype calls and sharing are given the lions share of that bandwidth, and generic web site data is given a back seat.

    I was thinking about Speedtest by Ookla, and I figured if I ran an ISP i would ensure that all traffic from that site was prioritised to ensure that test results were as fast as possible, regardless of the average speed a user would actually be getting. This would mean a speedtest would always show a strong connection, effectively defeating its purpose.

    Is this the case? If so, does Ookla take steps to hide its traffic to get around it? Is there another way to more precisely test your internet connection speed? If its not the case, how/why not?

    submitted by /u/PirateGloves
    [link] [comments]

    Queries regarding USB-C Hub

    Posted: 19 May 2020 11:50 PM PDT

    Hi all!
    So, I recently bought my first USB-C hub (HyperDrive 9-in-1) for use with my ThinkPad X1 Carbon and I've been having a couple of issues.

    1. Everytime I connect the hub, Windows shows an error saying "DisplayPort might not be supported" and occasionally "Device is not being charged" as well. Ran into a BSOD once as well. Does this mean the hub is faulty? The charger is 65W and the hub can technically provide 60W, so shouldn't be an issue, no?
    2. A pair of speakers are used but at same levels, volume is lower when the aux is through hub than through laptop directly. And sometime static bursts are heard in between. Fault of hub or speakers (10+ years old speakers fyi)
    3. When power and aux are connected but hub is not connected to laptop, there's a horrible whine (not static) through the speakers. Why could this be so?
    4. Laptop temperatures are running much higher than normal when charging through hub than direct (all 4 cores have hit 97 Celsius peak, average 85 and load under 15%)

    Apologies for the long list but it's my first hub and I so wanna embrace the one cable setup, but if these problems are present, I'd rather stick with multiple cables than risk damaging my laptop (it's a work system as well)

    Thanks and cheers!

    submitted by /u/lord_frost_
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to verify if competitor's website uses bot to boost traffic?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 07:56 PM PDT

    My competitor has made outlandish claims about web traffic based on Google Analytics. Is there any way I can verify if bots or other unethical means were used to artificially inflate their online visitors? TQ.

    submitted by /u/pm_me_rosmahs_nudes
    [link] [comments]

    Can i use a Server SSD on a Gaming PC?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    I recently gotten a PCIe SSD from a friend, and was wondering if it is possible to use this drive on a Gaming PC?

    My MOBO if it is compatible.

    submitted by /u/Sheerfresh
    [link] [comments]

    Can Intel HD 4600 video card support dual 1440p x 2560 monitors?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    Hi Redditors,

    TLDR: Can Intel HD 4600 video card support dual 1440p x 2560 monitors?

    Turning my home office into a dual monitor setup and need your advice please!

    Wondering if my antique work laptop can support dual 27" 1440p x 2560 monitors? Currently have one, and I'm wanting to purchase a second 27" Dell USB-C Monitor: P2720DC. See link below:

    https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/dell-27-usb-c-monitor-p2720dc/apd/210-auln/monitors-monitor-accessories

    My laptop is:

    Lenovo L540

    Video card:

    Intel(R) HD 4600 Graphics

    -------------------

    Desired setup:

    Dual 1440p x 2560 monitors

    -------------------

    I know I'll need a docking station (still need to figure out which one) because my current monitor is connected via a mini DisplayPort, and the only other adapter capability on the laptop is via a VGA cable (def not doing that).

    Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/ToEachHerOwnn
    [link] [comments]

    SIM card theft?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    If someone were to steal your Sim card, how would you know? Would your phone all of a sudden not have service? Will they be able to get the data on your phone by getting another Sim in your name and putting it in their phone?

    submitted by /u/toootoooop
    [link] [comments]

    Installing a new OS and wiping all the HD drives. Just have some questions on the process, and if I should put the OS on the larger drive.

    Posted: 19 May 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    So Ive got the OS on the USB and my product key.

    Currently I have 4 Drives. Small SSD with current OS/C drive, Big SSD, Small HDD and big HDD.

    The small SSD has been getting full even though im downloading most things onto other drives. It seems the program files or somesuch are being stored here.

    So the plan is to wipe everything and install the OS on the Big SSD, and use the other drives as storage/Desktop.

    One question I have is once I install the OS and it populates directories and stuff, Should I copy these folders and paste them into other drives. So each of them would have the basic folders of like Programs and Programs86x and such? or just use the other drives as large USBs.

    If i have the programs and program86 on other drives would that prevent the C drive getting full with the local files?

    submitted by /u/Noclue55
    [link] [comments]

    How do you install Linux/Blender (software) on a Chromebook?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    I've been wanting to do 3D animations for a while. So, I wanted to install Blender onto my Chromebook. But, there are obviously some complications for installing it.

    Clarification: I have read an article on installing Linux and Blender onto my Chromebook. But, I have been getting lost. This is more of me asking how do you use Crosh to install Linux. I'm just asking for a quick and simple explanation for this, no need to complicate things.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/That_One_Oboe
    [link] [comments]

    How can I run multiple instances of a single software in Windows?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 04:54 PM PDT

    Like if I want to use several instances of a third-party software that needs an account to be logged in.

    Not planning to do anything malicious or anything like that. I just don't like to have to logout/login then logout/login again whenever I want to check a secondary or tertiary account. Password length + 2FA becomes really annoying when you have to do it multiple times a day.

    submitted by /u/ImABitDaft
    [link] [comments]

    Computer buying tool

    Posted: 19 May 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    Sorry if this is not the right place to post this. If you know of a better sub for this post please comment what it is.

    I was just wondering if there was a tool somewhere on the internet where you can input all your preferred computer specs (processor, graphics, RAM, etc.) and it will tell you what computer have those specs. Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm not very knowledgeable on these kind of things.

    submitted by /u/i_demolish_giraffes
    [link] [comments]

    How do I check for proof that my brother is able to see everything I type on my iPhone XR?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    How do I check for proof that my narcissistic brother(19) is able to see everything I type on my iPhone XR? How do I check to see what exactly he's using and exactly how he's able to see what I type on my iPhone XR?

    submitted by /u/ThanosWayne
    [link] [comments]

    Has does one know if their internet network has issues?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    I fully understand this may be a broad question. However, after the past few weeks I've might be dealing with some issues with my isp. I don't know where to begin to measure if its anything on my end or not. Is there a normal checklist people follow to see if everything is running optimally? i.e I assume the first one will be is run an internet speed test to check for abnormalities. Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thank you.

    submitted by /u/Top_Schedule
    [link] [comments]

    can prolonged diagonal positioning of laptop affect components?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    I want to start using a laptop stand to attain a better posture. I was wondering if there are any negative side effects to using a laptop extensively on a stand where the lower chassis is slanted/positioned diagonally (almost at a 45 degree angle). I've googled around and people do seem to advise against mounting PC components such as HDD's and GPU's diagonally for it could cause damage to these components in the long run; wouldn't this apply to diagonally oriented laptop components as well?

    The laptop is a Lenovo Y540 with an i7-9750H and an RTX-2060.

    submitted by /u/Tolbi
    [link] [comments]

    Optical Mouse issue with surfaces

    Posted: 19 May 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    After opening and fixing one of my mouse buttons, my Logitech optical mouse only works on cloth surfaces. (It used to work in smooth wood as well). My HP mouse works on most surfaces. What could be the problem with my Logitech mouse?

    submitted by /u/antpalmerpalmink
    [link] [comments]

    Does a 10ft charging cable charge slower than a 6ft one?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    I needed a charger for my iPhone, and came across the Amazon Basics chargers. I need one for everyday use, mostly to just be left into the plug point and use even required. So would the 6 foot charger charge faster than the 10 foot one?

    submitted by /u/bigboyssmalltoys
    [link] [comments]

    I have a very private document and I don't have a printer in my house. I don't want the shop owner to have access to my files. How can I print anonymously so nobody is able to view or reprint my document after I leave?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 08:10 AM PDT

    I'm guessing there must be an option in some software somewhere?

    submitted by /u/ramb1z
    [link] [comments]

    Could a printer be used as a monitor?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    Say if i lived in a world with a printer that could print 60 pages in a second. Could I in theory use this printer to play Crysis?

    submitted by /u/devon12346
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment