• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 26, 2020

    Tech Support - How to stream video from a desktop to a mobile device across the internet?

    Tech Support - How to stream video from a desktop to a mobile device across the internet?


    How to stream video from a desktop to a mobile device across the internet?

    Posted: 26 May 2020 01:12 AM PDT

    This is a little weird of a question, but I'm trying to watch movies with my boyfriend without having to resort to using Kast or Discord. I was using a website called comeover.io, but it was just cutting out way too much towards the middle of the movie we were watching.

    I was trying to stream using VLC although I didn't have any luck using it since I couldn't even receive video from my phone in my own home, let alone to my boyfriend. I have ports forwarded and was trying to use RTP and HTTP as the destination but it just didn't work on RTP at all, and HTTP would work but I wouldn't have any audio coming through. Worst of all, the stream would just stop randomly after a minute of playtime on my phone.

    It's annoying because I really can't visit my boyfriend due to quarantine and it's honestly stressing me out a lot more than I wish it would. I just want to watch movies or TV with him but I haven't had much luck at all.

    Is there any way to fix VLC or perhaps a different alternative that I can use? Ever since rabb.it just was taken down, it's been incredibly difficult to watch anything with people.

    submitted by /u/musicmusicmusic128
    [link] [comments]

    What games can i run with this laptop?ASAP

    Posted: 25 May 2020 06:39 PM PDT

    here is the link for the specs https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-compaq-presario-cq62/specs/,cuz I can't post images,Thanks!!!

    submitted by /u/KhadaZeke
    [link] [comments]

    I am on the edge of buying a 2 in 1 laptop (Lenovo Flex 14), I just have two questions. 1) What is the glove that you can wear when drawing on laptop, because having my hand down is a must? 2) If I don't like the pen I get can I buy a separate one? New to digital art and computer world.

    Posted: 25 May 2020 09:36 PM PDT

    Is it possible that these database "breaches" and "hacks" are paid-off ways for companies to sell your data after legally agreeing not to?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    Makes sense to me:

    1) Company legally agrees it cannot knowingly sell your data (T's and C's apply but I'm sure do not cover "data breaches")

    2) Company associate "hacks and leaks data", sells to highest bidder long before it reaches the news

    3) Company announces it was "hacked" and is suddenly the victim

    Just a thought, based on limited knowledge and vast speculation...

    submitted by /u/21CharactersIsntEnou
    [link] [comments]

    How does Windows cost money if you can just download the Win 10 ISO from their website and boot into it?

    Posted: 26 May 2020 12:11 AM PDT

    Will something like this ever be possible?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 08:22 PM PDT

    So you know how are brain is powerful , and instead of actually printing our thoughts and imaginations. We print it through drawings/art. Do you think with BCI or anything tech-wise it'd be possibly to digitally record our taughts or screenshot our imagination.

    So if I imagined squidward as an anime instead of animating it , will we ever have a device that allows to record our imagination and produce it?

    submitted by /u/Samurai2089
    [link] [comments]

    How to get photos off old flip phone

    Posted: 25 May 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    I have an old Samsung m400 flip phone that I wanna get photos off of. I've tried connecting to the phone via USB and Bluetooth to no avail. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/chaum
    [link] [comments]

    I run a mobile business and am looking for an easy way to share my location with potential clients.

    Posted: 25 May 2020 11:55 PM PDT

    I have a mobile notary business. If I am doing a signing and there is someone else who needs notarial service in the neighborhood, the signing company will assign someone to the job who has their home location set in the area even though I may be closer. I want the signing company to know that I am the closest notary to the client. I don't necessarily want them to see my exact location though but rather show them a circular perimeter of where I am.

    Is there some program I can use for this?

    submitted by /u/green-tea_
    [link] [comments]

    How to find out when photo was taken?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 09:28 PM PDT

    I was sent a photo via email, and I am trying to figure out when it was taken, but every time I try to do so, it shows the current date and time (i.e. when I "saved" it). Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/tiny_anarchy
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about installing Windows 10 on old desktop, new SSD

    Posted: 25 May 2020 05:34 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, hopefully these are pretty straightforward questions!

    I have a PC I built in 2012 (updated a little bit since with a newer graphics card circa 2016). Right now, there are two HDDs with several partitions, including the original one with Windows 7 and another one for Ubuntu 18.04. I've backed all of my important files up onto an external HDD and on Google Drive.

    I want to install a new SSD and put Windows 10 on it.

    Is there an advantage to wiping everything else? Should I start completely fresh, or would it be easier to just install Win 10 on the new SSD, and then leave the other drives alone? When I boot up, which OS will boot by default? Should I remove Windows 7? (My Windows 7 is not genuine, but I just bought Windows 10 Home retail.) I'd like to upgrade Ubuntu to the latest version and have it run from another SSD I have. (Willing to wipe my existing Ubuntu installation though, and install it anew on the SSD.)

    Current setup:

    • One 1 TB HDD primarily running Windows 7 (750 GB), with a 250 GB partition running Ubuntu 18.04

    • One 750 GB HDD for extra NTFS storage

    • One unused 120 GB SSD

    Future setup:

    • One 500 GB SSD running Windows 10

    • One 120 GB SSD running Ubuntu 20.04

    • existing 1 TB HDD for storage

    • existing 750 GB HDD for storage

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/karmapuhlease
    [link] [comments]

    DO I have SaaS experience?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    Hi! I am looking for a new job, primarily at tech companies such as Lightspeed, Flock, Basecamp etc. All job posting list SaaS sales experience as a requirement.

    I have lots of experience in sales and some experience working WITH SaaS tech but I'm actually not sure if my experience would be considered selling SaaS.

    My experience is with a multi vendor marketplace platform. I am a sales director approaching ecommerce retailers to become vendors and sell their products on our platform (via integration with their Shopify, WooCommerce, Squarespace, etc) in addition to their own. What I have a hard time understanding is:

    A) since our marketplace is built on a software platform and I am selling the services of our marketplace on said platform, is that SaaS sales?

    B) if it's not SaaS sales, any ideas on how to frame this in a cover lettter ie) "although i do not have direct experience in SaaS sales, I do have ________"something techy"________ sales experience". Please help me fill in the blank.

    True, maybe if I don't know the answer to this I'm not the right candidate BUT I would like to know none the less.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Finneganna
    [link] [comments]

    How to project another screen on my laptop while using my laptop simultaneously.

    Posted: 25 May 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    Been trying to figure this out for hours. Is there any way to project another laptops screen on my own but in a window so I can watch what's happening on the other screen while also working on my screen.

    submitted by /u/Jackbazooka369
    [link] [comments]

    External hard drive recommendations

    Posted: 25 May 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    I've been looking for a hard drive to move stuff off my laptop but there are too many options. Does anyone have any recommendations or any advice on what to look out for?

    submitted by /u/MrsBreeze_N08
    [link] [comments]

    desktop for parents

    Posted: 25 May 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    hey guys and gals, I am searching for a desktop and monitor for my parents. They will probably just do searches and watch videos and every now and then my sister will use it for some college work. Budget is $600-$700

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/huehue027
    [link] [comments]

    What could be the problem of my phone and how could i fix this??

    Posted: 25 May 2020 10:18 AM PDT

    So yesterday,5 am here in PH,I decided to format my Samsung Galaxy On7(sorry for being poor) because the ram always fills up that it causes lag,after format,it restarted and directed me in dis reboot thingy,I rebooted it but after doing that,it just dont works anymore,it always shutdown before reaching the lockscreen then it would start to open again,it just go to cycle,i tried draining the battery and charging it again,when i charged it,the phone was supposed to show my battery percentage but at this time,it just automatically powers up

    submitted by /u/KhadaZeke
    [link] [comments]

    School research survey - hoping some of you can help me out!

    Posted: 25 May 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    Hey all!

    I hope some of you can help me out a bit. I'm a year 2 IT student and my project group and I are doing a research on how augmented and virtual reality may or may not affect our future. I am currently very much in need of peoples opinions on non-AR/VR related subreddits (so non-biased basically and I really do not know where this post would be appropriate). For this we have set up an online survey and I was hoping 1 or 2 of you are willing to take it.

    This is the link: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=m2tYomf4PEuTY1tDXF28RcBxN7gzQXRFpMcb_jvTFWBUMDQzRU5RSFZZTTRMNkU2SFYxSk9UR0EwNi4u

    The survey will take 3-5 minutes of your time on average. Please note English is not our mother tongue and this is our very first survey so it's probably not that good!

    Thank you for reading (and hopefully participating! :D).

    P.s. Mods, if this is not allowed here feel free to remove my post.

    submitted by /u/WalkUpSlowlyAndDS
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an inexpensive device (~$20) that let's me switch my usb (keyboard and mouse) and hdmi port (monitor) between two computers?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 05:01 AM PDT

    I think this is what a KVM switch is best for, but they seem to be at least $35 and go up to $100s. That may be just how it is, but I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money when it's currently a matter of me just unplugging two cables and plugging them in to another computer a couple times a week. Judgement aside, just wondering if a really cheap device exists that handle these two ports. And for perspective, I have a strictly HDMI splitter and switch with my TV and a few device and it was like $10, so that's why I'm wondering why the combo of hdmi + usb goes up into the $100s....

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/mikes2123
    [link] [comments]

    Need recommendation for docking station with USB-A and USB-C input capability.

    Posted: 25 May 2020 01:41 PM PDT

    I'm looking to get a docking station but need to have compatibility for a regular USB-A input (work laptop) and a USB-C input (for Macbook). I can only seem to find docking stations that are 1 or the other. Ideally, I would want one that supports the charging for my Macbook through the USB-C connection, but that I can can also use with my work laptop with the regular USB input via an adapter or something. Has anyone else had this dilemma?

    submitted by /u/aspexxi
    [link] [comments]

    Something is up with my 3.5mm Jack

    Posted: 25 May 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    So I got my brand new laptop like literally last week and it doesnt read any external mics. My mic has a 3 ring TTRS jack. Is that why the laptop doesnt read it? Do I need to buy an adapter? I've done a lot of research about the software side, I dont think it's my software. Ps. My laptop has individual jacks for audio and microphone slot.

    submitted by /u/daruma_san
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know what the best 2fa app is for iOS.

    Posted: 25 May 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    Question about magnetic shielding

    Posted: 25 May 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    Hello everyone !

    I would like to buy monitoring speakers (Mackie CR4) and they has not magnetic shielding. These speakers will be installed right next to my screen and my pc. Do you think there is a risk that my equipment could be damaged by magnetism if I take unshielded speakers?

    Thank you for your answers:)

    submitted by /u/grokikitoudur
    [link] [comments]

    Random Password with Reset or Not?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    Should first time users have to reset their password when they first log in or not?

    Would like to get people's insight on a work problem I have. My company offers classroom training and has moved to online due to you know what. We use a cloud-based learning management system that users log into to get their course material and attend a video conference.

    We training between 30 - 60 people a day. This training is compulsory in our industry and most are people who attend would not be digital natives and/or have a good understanding of navigating UI. i.e. they are bad with computers! The training varies from 1 to up to 10 days. Students need to log in at least once a day to get access but possibly more.

    So the workflow is, their company sends my company their details, we set up the users, they receive 2 emails, one with their log in details (including password) and one to say they have been enrolled. Currently, I have it set up that they don't have to change passwords. Would it be better to get people to switch to their own passwords? It would be more complex for users but their are more likely to log in successfully in the future.

    Any suggestions are valuable.

    submitted by /u/HolyOldRoman
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment