• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 8, 2020

    Tech Support - Will this fan fit my motherboard?

    Tech Support - Will this fan fit my motherboard?


    Will this fan fit my motherboard?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 03:50 AM PDT

    I'm getting a case I know will be big enough, but I'm planning on putting a Noctua NH-D15 cooler ( https://www.komplett.no/product/1154772/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/vifterkjoelingvannkjoeling/vifter/noctua-nh-d15-cpu-kjoeler ) on my Asus B-360 plus motherboard ( https://www.komplett.no/product/1003812/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/hovedkort/intel-socket/asus-tuf-b360-plus-gaming-socket-1151 ) which carries these ram, HyperX Fury DDR4 ( https://www.komplett.no/product/922311# ).

    I'm not very experienced with building computers, will the fan interfere with my ram (it doesn't say how high they stick, and I read that you need 25mm clearance for the fan on the cooler if you place it as high as possible), or are they anyway too close to the CPU?

    Sorry for the links all being in Norwegian.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/jaffur88
    [link] [comments]

    i got a computer about 3 years ago and i cant seem to find any information about my power supply

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 03:54 AM PDT

    first post on reddit

    i bought my computer about 3 years ago i bought it with a different power supply than what i got and im not sure if it a good power supply but i couldn't seem to find a information about my power supply it is a pb450s antec 450W if anyone know how good it is and if i should replace it

    submitted by /u/sp33draft
    [link] [comments]

    Need help troubleshooting a PC built roughly 4-6 years ago

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    Quick Overview:

    The Computer belongs to my friend and her dad built it. I know that the computer has an AMD Phenom II X4 945 processor and a Radeon RX 550 AERO ITX 2G OC. It also has 8 GB, quad-channel Ram, a Samsung 840 Evo 240gb SSD, 2 HDD, 750 Watt Corsair PSU, and a few other things that should not be causing an issue.

    Obviously her dad used a mixture of parts that were lying around to build it given the unbalanced specs for this PC.

    The Issue:

    This computer should be perfectly good enough to play games like Smite, Minecraft, Sims4, etc, but it doesn't. I'm thinking the most likely candidate is driver issues; they could be outdated, idk, I'm not going to do anything to the computer before I know for sure since I'm still very inexperienced with this subject.

    Things I Noticed:

    The computer is not plugged into a monitor but instead a Vizio TV using an HDMI cable, so I was thinking if that was the issue, could the computer not be running at its highest potential because it's not plugged into a dedicated monitor through the display port?

    PS. The computer was able to start up Smite but it ran like crap. Minecraft didn't even start up, giving me this error msg

    GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL

    Please make sure you have up-to-date drivers (see aka.ms/mcdriver for instructions).

    PPS. In the system information, it says the display adapter is the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

    submitted by /u/CarloTentacule
    [link] [comments]

    Laptops for use at night?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 12:55 AM PDT

    I'm up a lot at night, actually I spend most of my "day" in the middle of the night and usually outdoors or in a dark room. Are there any kinds of laptop screens specifically made for this? My eyes get strained from looking at a screen, then trying to readjust to the dark when I look away. I've tried the orange filter, and it helps, but it's not really the solution I'm looking for.

    submitted by /u/SunsetStratios
    [link] [comments]

    My laptop's speakers is randomly disabled and enabled.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    This happened after I just plugeed my newly bought USB headphones into my laptop. The headphones sound was okay, but what happened after I plugged the headphones out was my laptop speakers started to occasionally muting. I tried restarting the laptop and removing the drivers, but it didn't work. After some hours, I found out that when the laptop speakers is disabled, the sound volume (it isn't actually producing sound) is the same setting when I had the headphones plugged in. I think the computer is thinking the headphones is still connected but it isn't. Does anyone have any clue?

    submitted by /u/trainvoi
    [link] [comments]

    This is technically technology so I suppose this is acceptable. If not, well.... my bad, I guess.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 10:23 PM PDT

    For the past 3 days, I haven't been able to upload any pictures to reddit if they're from my gallery. It says "unable to upload photo" I can upload photos that I take on the spot, without a problem. I figured the pics I was trying to use were too large, so I made them smaller. It did not work. Nothing I've found has worked. I can't even upload a screenshot or downloaded picture to use as profile pic, I can only use a picture if it take it right then and there. I also tried to do it on pc with no luck. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/JNH0517
    [link] [comments]

    What fits my needs best? Tablet vs Chromebook vs Surface

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    I currently own:
    A Windows gaming tower PC
    A Chromebook
    A Samsung Note Phone

    Budget: $450

    Here's why I'm looking for a new device:

    I have a printing business, and I stand at a press half of my day. I think getting a stand and mounting a tablet would be ideal for me to quickly answer customer emails, answering phone calls on google voice, or listening to a podcast or watch a video without having to walk away from printing, or having to put a laptop on a table, etc, etc. I could use my phone, but the screen is too small.

    I'd like to have the option of taking it in my home and using it with a keyboard and mouse.

    I need to be able to log into Team Viewer and access my tower PC that's in my shop. (Detached from my home) I do this because I can use my adobe suite and access other important files on my external drive on that PC. (Maybe moved to a cloud at some point) I don't do it often, but when I'm chillen in bed, it's nice to connect and do a few small things.

    I found the Galaxty s4 tablet in my price range, but I'm afraid to hit the buy button until I get some input. I like the idea of the stylus for note taking while printing too.

    Thoughts please!

    submitted by /u/3rickEsca
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best mp3 player on Android?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    What would you recommend for a tablet to take notes for class?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    Budget is capped at say $400, and it needs a stylus

    Using primarily for classes, so I don't care about camera or any outside specs like that. No preference for Windows, Apple, Samsung etc. Only rly care if refresh rate is at least 59/60 and using it is smooth.

    submitted by /u/hk47isreadytoserve
    [link] [comments]

    I need help reconnecting my PC to my WiFi

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    I removed my profile or whatever to fix another problem I had.

    Now my PC refuses to connect to my WiFi. When I try connecting, it instantly says that Windows is unable to connect to my WiFi. I know it's not the password because:

    I know I entered the password correctly

    I would think it would say that the password is wrong.

    I know my internet is working because I posted this message with it.

    I tried turning my PC on and off again.

    I know it's my PC because I connected a tablet to it that had been previously unconnected.

    When I open the available connections thing it switches between showing just my connection, different lists of connection(sometimes there will be 5, other times there will be at least 7) and no connections every like 4+ seconds.

    submitted by /u/derpa_games
    [link] [comments]

    Watching a 3840x2160 youtube video on a 2560x1440 monitor.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    I recently got this new 1440p monitor and saw on youtube that I'm able to watch videos in 4k. I never knew this was possible. Can anyone explain how this works?

    submitted by /u/JimmyArghh
    [link] [comments]

    Can my PC run QHD monitor

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I want to connect an monitor to my laptop. However I dont know whether my PC supports a QHD monitor. As I would like to have a higher resolution. Currently the internal monitor in the laptop is 1920x1080.

    Furthermore it has an Intel Graphics 750 graphics card.

    Does anyone know whether the laptop supports a QHD monitor or not? And whether it's recommended?

    submitted by /u/DonutZonderGat
    [link] [comments]

    Q about d/ling whole websites

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    I'm not sure what the best forum would be to ask my question so I am asking on here. If there is a more appropriate forum please let me know. I was looking for a program to download an entire website including the site's extensions. For example a site like amazon where it has numerous pages. I'm not trying to download amazon-just an example of a site where it has a lot of pages.

    submitted by /u/laceandroses
    [link] [comments]

    Can people see my Snapchat friends list?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 08:59 AM PDT

    I want to add a few people that my friends don't like, but idk if people can see your friends or not. Is my friends list private or no? and if I snap them, will it be noticeable?

    submitted by /u/just-kill-me-now-pls
    [link] [comments]

    Please suggest me a camera for recording video.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    I am from the United States. My max price is $200. I am looking for a camera to record video outside of volleyball and basketball. I want a portable/durable camera that can ideally shoot 4K. Any suggestions? I have looked at GoPros, but not sure what model tbh. Any advice please let me know.

    submitted by /u/wannabefintech69
    [link] [comments]

    DYMO software label

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    I didn't know where to ask but basically I have a software, Dymo v.8 that is used to print labels. I have the printer too and then with the software, the person that installed it for me put on my pc a folder with data that should contain lists of contacts to personalize the label, layouts and products name. Anyway they don't show up on the software once it open and I have to idea how to add them in

    submitted by /u/0kiara0
    [link] [comments]

    My old laptop wont hold charge even when plugged in

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    My pc is not holding charge pls help.

    submitted by /u/Kaarelthe0
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to download an OPF file from a website?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 10:00 AM PDT

    How does internet connections work in a modern high-rise (1000+ residents) skyscraper?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    How many wifi connections are there, one for every unit? One for every floor? Can a resident get a direct fiber connection? Are speeds slower because the many users?

    submitted by /u/Armed_Scorpion
    [link] [comments]

    H e l p Someone is using my email to create accounts?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    Three times in the last six months someone has used my email to create a Kik account. I receive the "Welcome to Kik! confirm your email" message and every time I select "Didn't sign up for Kik? Click HERE to remove your email from our systems." However, obviously it keeps happening. I emailed support@kik.com to see if I can get my email permanently barred from the app...but I never receive a response and obviously it keeps happening. Does anybody have any advice on how to proceed? I'm getting a little creeped out.

    The person using my email is now going by the username "jimmybigdick2y" on Kik. Which, whatever, I'm sex positive and I'm glad you have a big dick, but please use your own email?

    ALSO - I just received an email welcoming me to "Secretflirtisland" and asking me to complete my registration. Username: Jimmynewtrondic. -____- Any advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/monk_parakeet
    [link] [comments]

    In ditto clipboard manager how do I make a special paste keyboard shortcut a global hotkey?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 06:43 AM PDT

    Theres no option to make it global in this page http://s008.radikal.ru/i305/1705/96/a671999375e7.png i want to assign the special paste shortcut "remove line feeds" to a keyboard hotkey so that it will active anywhere. Heres a pic of what I mean, pressing shift+ P doesn't do anything btw https://i.imgur.com/463w6bj.png

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment