• Breaking News

    Monday, April 6, 2020

    Tech Support - Looking For Anonymous Chat Among Friends!?

    Tech Support - Looking For Anonymous Chat Among Friends!?


    Looking For Anonymous Chat Among Friends!?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 05:32 PM PDT

    Ok, so my friends and I recently got the board game 'Things' and it got me thinking we need a different way to play. Essentially a question is asked and each player writes an answer and submits it. The players then take turns guessing who said what. Handwriting is recognizable and we need paper and pens..etc. I need a way to chat completely anonymous. No user names, no identifiers at all. Just type the answer and send. Is there a way to do this? Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Ghost_Toast
    [link] [comments]

    Graphics card in a 32F (0C) environment temperature

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 08:27 PM PDT

    I lived in Rio and now in LA (both not really cold cities). My room is always with air-condition, and when I am gonna play games I set the temperature to 65F (+-16C). Even though the GPU reaches like 170F (+-77C). I wonder if I lived in a very cold place and if it was like 22F (-5C) outside, if I could put my CPU outside, close to the window (and passing the cables by) and the GPU would hit at most 110F (45C) or if it would still reaching at least 131F (55C).

    submitted by /u/marcosladarense
    [link] [comments]

    I run a vk community. How do i block users from the page?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 01:24 AM PDT

    I blocked him from my account, but he can still post on my community, and google wont tell me how to block him. Just how to block communities. Hes trolling tf out of me and im beyond done.

    submitted by /u/pthecarrotmaster
    [link] [comments]

    VPN Question

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 10:33 PM PDT

    Earlier today I was on my company's VPN while also connected to an aftermarket VPN. Is my browsing going to still be hidden from my company? I was trying to download some software and went to piratebay but that is a big no no for my company. The IP address when I look it up, shows the location from my aftermarket VPN. During all of this I was at home on my home wifi if that matters.

    submitted by /u/tossit924924
    [link] [comments]

    Can i run my laptop without thermal paste

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 12:32 PM PDT

    I like a stupid idiot cleaned the thermal paste off on my processor. Can I safely run my laptop, and if yes, can I safely play high end games on it?

    submitted by /u/untamed_potato
    [link] [comments]

    PS4 problems

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    My hard drive is fried on my ps4 and I am unable to take my account primary off of the ps4, not even with the website. Is there a way to wipe to status of primary from the fried hard drive or will I have to bite the bullet and wait whatever remaining time there is until I can wipe the primary using the playstation website?

    submitted by /u/dustup1212
    [link] [comments]

    Video Conferencing Questions

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    I've been doing a lot of video chats with my family, like many people right now. It always involves me being tech support to my parents. I'd love a device similar to Facebook Portal. Easy chats, and specifically the smart camera that pans and zooms. I'm suspicious of Facebook though. I was wondering two things...

    1. Should I be suspicious of the Facebook Portal?
    2. Is there any good alternative?

    I haven't had good luck finding answers to these so thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/JustMyType1001
    [link] [comments]

    Google history question

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    Okay so long story short:

    I created a gmail account for my personal use back in September. I also have a gmail account through my job. I only use my personal gmail when I am on my HOME laptop and my work gmail when i'm on my WORK laptop. However apparently in November at work I accessed my personal gmail account at my work on a chrome book that was not my WORK laptop. I shut the computer off and down and i'm assuming it has been used by many people since then (the chromebook is located in a central area and you must log in with your work credentials to access the computer). However, When I just went to check my gmail history and such it says that I was still logged into that chrome book with my personal gmail account. (I don't know which chromebook at work or anything so I clicked to log out from this device.)

    My question is would my employer have access to what i'm searching on my HOME laptop because the same gmail was logged into a work chromebook? I am searching not appropriate stuff while logged into this gmail at HOME can my employer see that I am doing that even though it was 4 months after my initial log in to that chromebook? Also why was my gmail not logged out if other people had logged into that computer and I powered it off?

    Sorry if this is confusing if you have clarifying questions please ask!

    submitted by /u/historynerd23
    [link] [comments]

    Good way to test Astro A40 & A50?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    I received some Astro A40 & A50 headphones as part of a deal. I've never owned anything more than $20 headphones so I am not quite sure what to do with them - will probably sell them off. What would be a good way to test them and make sure that they work? Obviously I can plug them into a stereo port, but they also have bluetooth and mixing capabilities that I'm not sure what to do with.

    submitted by /u/IanArcad
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way to use my phone as a mic and my Bluetooth speaker as a... speaker?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    I have an android and want to have an easy-access p.a. system where ever I go because I'm crazy like that on account of covidpanicks. No shit apps pls just the best.

    Sorry, daydrinking but totally serious question and I googled first, it warn't apparent whats best to me, at this time. Thanks, you!

    submitted by /u/toscaninidacron
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to connect a 2 Logitech Bluetooth Mice with a Logitech Unifying Receiver without the computer recognizing them as 2 devices?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 08:28 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I wondered whether it is possible to connect a mouse to a computer without the computer explicitly recognizing it as a device, but still being able to move the cursor around?

    I am specifically thinking about a situation where a Logitech Unifying Receiver Dongle would be connected to the computer, with 2 Bluetooth Logitech mice connected at the same time. I am interested in the ideal scenario where only one of the mice is at all recognized in the computer, while both can freely operate.

    Alternatively, do you know whether there exists any way of only having one device connected, but then switching between them without this change becoming apparent to the/on the computer? It should not be a secret to the person using the computer, but rather to the person watching the person using the computer if you are wondering.

    It is a weird question, but I would be glad for any response
    Thanks in advance,
    Georgij

    submitted by /u/Georgij
    [link] [comments]

    device appears connected to Wi-Fi twice

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    Going to my modem page I see that *name* and *name*-001 are connected, with different MAC addresses. Is this normal or do I need to fix this? And how? The MAC address I see on my device's settings is the one of the device without -001.

    edit: if I enable airplane mode, my actual device disappears from the list but the -001 one doesn't

    submitted by /u/ezieez
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment