• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 21, 2020

    Tech Support - How to connect Bluetooth speaker with no aux port with a monitor that doesn't support bluetooth

    Tech Support - How to connect Bluetooth speaker with no aux port with a monitor that doesn't support bluetooth


    How to connect Bluetooth speaker with no aux port with a monitor that doesn't support bluetooth

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 05:22 AM PDT

    So I bought a Samsung monitor (samsung lu28e590ds if u wanna know) which doesn't support bluetooth and has no inbuilt speakers. I hooked up my PS4 slim to it and the picture quality is crisp, but no audio. Now ofcourse I can connect my headphones to the controller but Its not that comfortable.... So I remembered I had UE Boom 2 (bluetooth speaker) but it doesn't have an audio output. So now I can't connect it to my monitor...

    Is there a way to connect a bluetooth speaker (w/o audio output) to a monitor that doesn't support bluetooth? Is there a bluetooth adaptor I can use?

    Ofcourse I can buy some computer speakers which doesn't cost much but I'd like to save a few bucks if I can. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Stupid-Dolphin
    [link] [comments]

    Why don’t the consoles support (actively) keyboard & mouse?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 10:59 PM PDT

    It strikes me odd that (headline).

    Why?

    I mean it that would make it so much easier for everyone.

    I personally like FPS games with M&K, although I can play on joystick as well.

    Take Doom 2016 for example. I got it for my ps4 (haven't had the time to play it yet), and I still think this game is made for PC. But I could enjoy it on ps4 with a M&K probably more as these games where made for that... no?

    Anyways, just would like to hear your inputs on this subject. 🙏🏽

    submitted by /u/Bobba_fat
    [link] [comments]

    Convert word to pdf for free

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 05:13 AM PDT

    Sorry if this is the wrong place, I didn't know where else to ask.

    Anyone know a website or app where I can do this? already tried pdf converter website, but it only let's you convert one pdf per hour, it's getting really annoying haha.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/fekinperfecf
    [link] [comments]

    Which phone should I get?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 05:12 AM PDT

    I'm switching from ios to android.

    I'm thinking of getting a Oneplus 7pro or a Oneplus 8. But can't decide.

    If you have other suggestions i'd be glad to hear those too. My budget it €500-€800

    submitted by /u/KaineSmashTC
    [link] [comments]

    Broadcasting audio for a home drive in theater.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    OK I want to host a drive in with some friends and of course practice social distancing. I have everything I would need to do this except I can't figure out how to broadcast sound to each car easily. I have an FM transmitter that lets you put your phone to the FM radio I could use but the range is horrible. I was thinking maybe broadcast audio via a web link or something. Not sure. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Street_Governments
    [link] [comments]

    Do phone numbers from texts show up on phone bills?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 11:54 PM PDT

    So I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question. I'm sorry if it's not!

    I have AT&T. I'm also still on my parents cell phone plan. (Plz don't shame me).

    I've been texting a Somebody and I don't think they'd be too happy to know I've been texting with them.

    Can they see Somebody's phone number on their bill?

    submitted by /u/blahquestions
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods Pro connection issues

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:29 AM PDT

    My airpods will randomly connect and disconnect. like i can have the case in my pocket closed, and they will just randomly connect and it will play to them. when i try to use them, for ex, i was on the phone earlier, and put one in, it connected, no sound came through and then disconnected. even when just trying to use them normally for like music, they manage to connect, disconnect, switch output device, blank out, idk. please help.

    submitted by /u/5232005
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless headphones works only with usb stick.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 11:57 PM PDT

    So recently I bought a Steelseries arctis 7. It comes with a usb receiver. I can only plug in to one output.

    Why does it only have one receiver?

    I had to buy another one for my pc a hyperX cloud flight and same there, only one stick... 🤷🏽‍♂️😩

    Why aren't there multiple (say 3-4 sticks) and I could choose on my headphones which output I would like to use.

    It doesn't make sense to me, unless they want to make more sales (I get it, but that's just 🤬)

    (I wouldn't mind paying additional 5$ for another reliever)

    submitted by /u/Bobba_fat
    [link] [comments]

    Would it be possible to use a Kinect as a VR headset instead of just body tracking?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    Sadly my parents won't allow me to buy a VR headset but I have an Xbox 360 Kinect at my disposal so I was wondering if I could use that to completely replace a VR headset instead of just full body tracking because I'm not allowed to buy and use a VR headset.

    submitted by /u/Emeraldminer299
    [link] [comments]

    Android Easter Egg?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 10:21 PM PDT

    I was messing around with my phones settings ,i was customising my notification bar where i found a "click me" button nothing else was written there when i clicked it gave a an empty dish mode in notification bar where buttons for turning wifi,blutooth,airplane mode etc on and off .Now when i click the empty dish mode it prompts me four option :"Bits","Fish","Chicken" and "Treat" . And when i click it just replaces the "empty dish" with my clicked option ,just wanted to know if anybody else knew about btw i'm using android 7 Nougat and sorry if couldn't describe it more better ,english is not my first language

    submitted by /u/YET_TO_BE_NAMED
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a device that can extend the wifi of a mini wireless security cam?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    I purchased a security cam for my car that allows me to connect to my phone via wifi (Hotspot built into the cam) to view the live feed and change settings. While it does what's advertised, my only complaint is the signal is weaker than I wanted. Is there a device that I can get that'll increase the signal strength so it stays connected to my phone at larger distances?

    submitted by /u/Ountracentle22
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way that I can quickly search videos for a specific colour?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    Long story short, my dad married an abusive and controlling woman. I have a disabled brother and she bullied him constantly.

    A few weeks ago I moved my brother out of the house and all is well, until yesterday my wife spotted abusive stepmother and her daughter driving down the street checking out our house.

    I have some basic security cameras hooked up to a Synology system, so out of interest I had a look, I spotted her and daughter in separate cars in the recording. I got distracted and the video was still playing which then after a few minutes she drove past again!

    So.. I'm curious as to if there is a method that I can let a PC churn and search through the video for the colour of the car because I'm now wondering just how many times this crazy nutter has been past the house.

    tl;dr is the title, can i batch search videos for a specific colour.

    submitted by /u/shitCouch
    [link] [comments]

    I'm having trouble with a music downloader.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 08:25 PM PDT

    I just discovered this subreddit, and I wanted to ask a question regarding a function on a music/video download app. For some reason, it can no longer download Youtube playlists as of a few months ago, only individual songs/videos. When I try to download a playlist of songs, I get this message If there's anyone that knows how I can remedy this, it would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/APlacakis
    [link] [comments]

    Deskettop pc question

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    I do not know if you need a ethernet/lan cable for a pc im going to be purchasing soon. My setup is nowhere near my router and I'd have to go off of wifi...can computers work on wifi? I'm not very sure

    submitted by /u/component182
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    Was looking up how to make lsd and after visiting a few quoras and another site my phones system ai crashed and stopped working for a bit. Why?

    submitted by /u/poststealingbot
    [link] [comments]

    Which smartphones can double as a desktop computer?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    I know Samsung has (or had) this feature, where you can connect your smartphone to a docking device connected to a monitor and keyboard and use your smartphone as a desktop computer. Why hasn't this been popularized yet and which manufacturers offer this as a product/feature today?

    submitted by /u/intotherainbowvein_
    [link] [comments]

    Router Recommendation

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    I'm normally pretty good with technology but I'm overwhelmed by the number of routers out there. I've been using a very cheap Tenda router for about a year but now that we're video conferencing and streaming a lot more it's become clear that it isn't sufficient. I live in an apartment with a lot of other networks around me so I need something that can overcome interference. Range is not as important as reliability. I'm willing to spend a lot if it works. Thanks for the help.

    submitted by /u/idiot206
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to build a PC for the first time

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    So I've been looking into and I've realized that I want to build a PC, what do I have to do? I mean I know you need certain parts so it will run smoothly, but other then that I'm in the dark. Also, would I better off buying a PC?

    submitted by /u/NotThatGuy15
    [link] [comments]

    Why do links on Facebook sometimes use a photo that seems to have little or nothing to do with the actual article?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 04:37 AM PDT

    I've noticed that it seems as if a photo is automatically selected based on content of the link, but that photo isn't always in the actual page linked.

    submitted by /u/headtattoo
    [link] [comments]

    Computer crashes and restarts when I play games

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    My build:

    Windows 10 x64

    1 year old system

    re-installed OS about a week ago

    Ryzen 5 2600

    Gigabyte RTX 2060 windforce OC

    MSI B-450

    EVGA 600 BQ, 80+ Bronze 600W, Semi Modular

    G.Skill Ripjaws (2x8GB) 3200MHz

    Every time I play games like modern warfare or battlefield 5 my computer will crash anywhere from 5 to 25 minutes into gaming. Sometimes it won't crash but the game will freeze and make a buzzing noise in my headset. I have re-installed windows and switched out my PSU but I still continue to have this problem. I have also re-applied thermal paste and run tests on temps and they seem to be all good. I have had this problem ever since I built the computer so my guess is that is hardware related. If anyone can help me that would be great I would really like to game with my friends again.

    submitted by /u/ObtuseBruce
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a webmail client that offer plain text only

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 03:12 PM PDT

    Hi /r/AskTechnology,

    I absolutely hate the idea of open rate tracking. So I'm working on a workaround.

    I'm going to automatically copy all my inbound email to a second address.

    When I don't want the sender to know that I've seen their email I want to open the contact from a specific webmail client.

    This should be browser-based because it's been aaaggees since I've used a desktop client and I would prefer not to have to just for this occasional use.

    So a "safe" address I can check seems ideal.

    Is there any Gmail-equivalent that offers plain text email or a native way to block any tracking pixels in this day and age?

    TIA!

    submitted by /u/drjlm3
    [link] [comments]

    Dead or stuck pixel?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 11:07 AM PDT

    Hi guys.So my problem is the following:I have a pixel that is malfunctioning.Basically on a white surface that pixel has a green color.on a red surface that pixel has a black color,so my question is,is that pixel dead or it is just stuck?

    submitted by /u/hehe_lol_xdd
    [link] [comments]

    There has got to be a better way

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 07:54 AM PDT

    I'm really hoping this is simple, but so far Verizon and Best Buy have not been able to help.

    I have Verizon Fios as my cable provider. I want to connect my tv so that I can view cable tv, but unfortunately there is no way to easily hide the coaxial cable. The ONT box is on one side of the house and the tv is on the other side, on an opposite wall in another room. In the past we stapled it around the baseboard but after some renovations that is no longer an option for aesthetic reasons.

    Right now we have the coaxial cable running from the ONT box, along the back wall to a splitter, where one wire connects to the router, and the other wire then goes across our floor to the tv. I'm okay having the coax run along a wall to the router and splitter, but I'm hoping there's a way to connect from that spot to the tv without a cable. I don't want to run it along the ceiling, or across the floor, and I've already looked into all the options that are about hiding it or cleverly minimizing it. I want to know if there is another way, without the wire.

    I feel like I can't be the only one who has a tv in a spot where it would be unsightly to route a wire. There's got to be a better way!

    submitted by /u/gabberd_00
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Internet gaming!

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 11:32 AM PDT

    My connection over wifi has been poor. I'm upstairs but not TOO FAR. What can I do to strengthen my connection? If I buy a better router, will that make my online gaming better? What about a booster?

    submitted by /u/Gothic798
    [link] [comments]

    In the market for a new laptop, but WAY behind the curve, and need help wading through options.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    Truthfully, I know very little about computers aside from turning them on and off. Some basic stuff sure, but not enough to make a smart decision where I get bang for buck. I do like to play around with GIS a bit so I'll likely need something to run atleast 2.2ghz with SSD storage and 16gb of RAM, but beyond that I don't have the faintest idea of where to start. Does anyone have suggestions on brands/models that can handle my needs without breaking the bank? Also, are manufacturer refurbished or open box options worth considering?

    submitted by /u/bac1391
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment