• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 22, 2020

    Tech Support - Ethernet routing

    Tech Support - Ethernet routing


    Ethernet routing

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 05:33 AM PDT

    Do you guys have any recommendations for any methods or any service I should use that can do this?. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Troop101Chief
    [link] [comments]

    About Dynamic IP

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, so long story short I live in a third world country where I don't have that many ISP options. That being said, I have a Dynamic IP kind of contract, but every IP I get assigned to I get beyond terrible connection to the point I can barely even open Google (seems like connections are oversaturated with users, making them being super slow). Couple of days ago, turned off my PC, modem, etc and the next day I got a new IP (obviously) and I had really good connection, from not even be able to open Google, to watch Youtube videos at 1080, watch streams...

    I saved that IP and all the other related network information. Even since I'm only able to use my internet properly by changing all my network information to that previous IP I got couple of days, as if it was a "static IP", although I know very well it's not.

    The only problem I get is while gaming. I get like smalls time outs from time to time, not noticible at least while browsing, watchings videos, etc. So I don't know if it is that I am sharing the IP with someone else and data packages are being wrongly sent to other user or something like that.

    So THE QUESTION is what can I possibly do to stops those timeouts and any recommendations overall of what I am doing with this dynamic IP that I'm using as if it was "static", that tbh seems to be my only option to properly browse.

    submitted by /u/TeslaVGC
    [link] [comments]

    Help finding a router/modem

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 06:01 AM PDT

    Right now I rent my modem/router from my ISP, which is XFinity. The one I rent is the xFi Gateway and has both the router and modem combined into one which I know isn't as good. I'd rather just go out and buy my own of each but don't know which ones are good ones to buy. I'd really like some help finding them.

    submitted by /u/LSnell02
    [link] [comments]

    I have a question more on the impossible side

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 04:13 PM PDT

    Is there a way to connect 2 or more rasberry pi to make one whole working motherboard. Not a cluster

    submitted by /u/grimmvirus_287
    [link] [comments]

    Co-worker is tethering his personal phone to his work computer to appear online while he abuses work from home orders. Can IT catch him?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 01:57 PM PDT

    Edit: I'm silly - forgot to add that he's doing this to travel and visit friends

    I'm pretty sick of him being lazy and breaking the rules but my team will look bad if he's caught, especially as he and I work so closely they wouldn't believe I didn't know. Since he started doing this his icon on Microsoft Teams flicks between inactive/online/away but he's told the boss it's his bad connection.

    -another team member wants to snitch but is afraid it'll be our word (he told me over the phone what he's doing so no real evidence and I let her know) against his. -I'm very against snitching but annoyed he'll get credit for a shared project.

    submitted by /u/oldmanderpson
    [link] [comments]

    Help me please

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    Hello so I need help, my older 19 year old narcissistic tech savvy brother somehow gained access to my Spotify account when I left my emails logged in, he took advantage and looked at passwords stored in there and got Into my Spotify account and he created a last.fm account or used a existing last.fm account to connect my Spotify account/Id to that last.fm account/s he has I don't know how much he has god knows how much but he's been scribbling my music to multiple accounts possibly but I'm looking to end this where it goes back to how it was before where whatever last.fm accounts he has doesn't have my music he stored there(I like privacy)and it goes to where like this never happened and music he scrobbled gets deleted and I disconnect my account/Id to his account/accounts but obviously since it's his account it goes to(and I obviously don't know the password/s) I'll have to use hacking or some thing to do this and side note he has keyloggers and god knows what else so he saw everything I just typed so he's millions of steps ahead unfortunately but it's affecting me so please how do I stop this since it's his accounts it's connected to? P.s. my iPhone 7 battery has been draining insanely fast recently so he's installed some malware/software running the background hidden that I have to delete. Just to let you know that. And he has access to my Apple ID and iCloud even when I left family sharing and it's my own and I changed and resetted my passwords. But right now, I'm just focusing on disconnecting all his stuff to mine with the last.fm and smoggling, and since he has keyloggers and spyware and god knows what else disconnecting them probably won't do anything if he can just see what my password is again if I change it. He can see everything I type on my devices so he knows all my passwords. Unfortunately I might have to do deal with whatever is enabling him to be able to have access to my accounts even after I change and reset passwords before doing this. Please help me end this.

    submitted by /u/ThanosWayne
    [link] [comments]

    Improving wireless speeds- a better router or wifi repeaters?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 11:54 PM PDT

    My wifi speeds are sub-par. My signal strength is currently 58% and the speed is unimpressive. Is a high-power router the best option, or wireless repeaters?

    presumably a better router is better at handling traffic, in addition to the stronger wifi?

    submitted by /u/cygnettbatterydied
    [link] [comments]

    Google meet

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 11:46 PM PDT

    Hey guys I just wanted to really quickly ask a question. If you pin someone to your screen to that you see them all the time, do they see it?

    Thanks, will help a lot

    submitted by /u/StrongishAsp
    [link] [comments]

    Can I Charge Through USB-C Port?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    I have an ASUS VivoBook 15 X512FA, and it has a standard USB-C port, and wondered if it can charge it with This Power Bank as it supports PD. If not, can I find a USB-C to the DC port I have on my laptop.

    My Laptop: https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-15-X512FA/?SearchKey=vivobook%20x512fa/

    submitted by /u/LukaTAG
    [link] [comments]

    is there a Cellphone price tracker/ sale aggregator?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    Is there a site like isthereanydeal that tracks device prices/ active sales?

    Not just for cellphones, but for anything else tech related?

    Seems like there should be, but my 40 second google returned nothing

    submitted by /u/dblackdrake
    [link] [comments]

    Cable name or Where I can find another one?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    This is a cable that connects a small LED light to a battery pack seen in this link here https://www.surgitel.com/headlights/surgitel-micro

    It looks like headphone jacks but not sure if I am correct. It is a male to male cable. Please see photo on google drive link.

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TQv7HY_wVHiRSUTdencUnSURLXI2BAnN/view?usp=sharing

    Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/bchewiebar
    [link] [comments]

    Online courses

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 08:53 PM PDT

    Hi, I was wondering say if I'm taking a online course exam and I need to keep the camera on to film me as a prof of not cheating, I'm thinking that maybe I can share me screen in a local network so that I can get my roommate to help out a little, thinking vnc viewers . Is there anyway that the screensharing may be detected by the app that host the exam? Or maybe by tracking my IP address and detecting the network traffic?

    submitted by /u/aljzaljz
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop spill

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    I spilt a little bit of water on the exhaust end of my lenovo l340 gaming laptop. It wasn't much, like two or three drops of water.

    This is a picture of the internals. I had it circled where the water actually spilt.

    https://imgur.com/a/i5QgrWf

    Those metal parts are connected to the outside where hot air comes out.

    Anyways I quickly turned the laptop off and turned it upside down. After a couple of hours I booted it and it's working fine. I was thinking if it's going to affect anything in the future? Since it was at the exhaust I thought the water would just dry out.

    submitted by /u/akcabrera10
    [link] [comments]

    Can you help me please?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 04:34 PM PDT

    Is there a way I can check if there's any last.fm account or thing connected to my Spotify account? I don't know any way to check that and no one will tell me so will you be my first and tell me? Can I simply call Spotify and ask? And why? Also is there a way my older 19 year old narcissistic tech savvy brother found a way where he connects something to my Spotify and I can't see it? And why?

    submitted by /u/ThanosWayne
    [link] [comments]

    Google Chrome red highlighted search bar?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    I open up google chrome and the search bar is highlighted red? When I open a new tab, it is black (which is still wrong) but when I go to a site, it turns red again.

    submitted by /u/MacePaladin
    [link] [comments]

    Where to purchase a non-smart TV?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a TV that's just that... a TV. I would prefer if it didn't have a microphone, networking capabilities ect.

    Looking for something between 40" and 50". 4k isn't a requirement.

    Amazon and Bestbuy don't allow you to filter out smart TVs, only include them in the search. Walmart lets you filter them, but they are all garbage or super expensive for the size.

    I've been looking at commercial display units, but they are also a bit more pricey due to needing to run at least 16 hours a day.

    Any suggestions? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/fbi_spy_van
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way via a desktop app to link your phone and auto dial a number until someone answers and hangup if there's a busy signal?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    So I have a Galaxy and the redialer apps don't detect a busy signal. I need something like this to get through to my state's unemployment office to situate stupidity for the covid stuff that is preventing me from applying, and I either email them and wait an average of 3 weeks for a reply or get through via phone. I was wondering if there's a workaround to use any kind of desktop app that could detect the busy signal and then once connected you can then use the phone to talk.

    submitted by /u/Jertob
    [link] [comments]

    Someone help me please

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:28 PM PDT

    Hello so I need help, my older 19 year old narcissistic tech savvy brother somehow gained access to my Spotify account when I left my emails logged in, he took advantage and looked at passwords stored in there and got Into my Spotify account and he created a last.fm account or used a existing last.fm account to connect my Spotify account/Id to that last.fm account/s he has I don't know how much he has god knows how much but he's been scribbling my music to multiple accounts possibly but I'm looking to end this where it goes back to how it was before where whatever last.fm accounts he has doesn't have my music he stored there(I like privacy)and it goes to where like this never happened and music he scrobbled gets deleted and I disconnect my account/Id to his account/accounts but obviously since it's his account it goes to(and I obviously don't know the password/s) I'll have to use hacking or some thing to do this and side note he has keyloggers and god knows what else so he saw everything I just typed so he's millions of steps ahead unfortunately but it's affecting me so please how do I stop this since it's his accounts it's connected to? P.s. my iPhone 7 battery has been draining insanely fast recently so he's installed some malware/software running the background hidden that I have to delete. Just to let you know that. And he has access to my Apple ID and iCloud even when I left family sharing and it's my own and I changed and resetted my passwords. But right now, I'm just focusing on disconnecting all his stuff to mine with the last.fm and smoggling, and since he has keyloggers and spyware and god knows what else disconnecting them probably won't do anything if he can just see what my password is again if I change it. He can see everything I type on my devices so he knows all my passwords. Unfortunately I might have to do deal with whatever is enabling him to be able to have access to my accounts even after I change and reset passwords before doing this. Please help me end this.

    submitted by /u/ThanosWayne
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    So my PC one year ago start presentating this problem, if i disconnect myself like press button of disconnect from my WIFI i cant reconnect until i restart my pc and sometimes it just discconect in the middle of a COD match or a LoL match and i have to restart my PC, i have an HP laptop, i already tried to solved this problem looking from errors of the firewall, maybe my 2 antivirus were having conflict (Avast Premium, Kaspersky Premium Personal) or maybe i had a virus but no, also i format my pc but it didnt work tho i open the laptop cleaned it, check maybe compatibility problems of my antivirus with windows defender, i check drivers, all of them are updated, but none of them were the solution i check if maybe my local disk was corrupted but nope, also y unistall kaspersky to see if it work but no, and i unistall avast to but no, so after all fo this if just give myself to the people here pls help

    submitted by /u/DesolateCat
    [link] [comments]

    Does NetCut can damage my PC ?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    So, some days ago my neighbour was hang on my internet (8mb) and being in quarantine with all the family using internet plus neighbour; the internet was crap so i read in some forums that netcut will help me and eventually did, i reduce the bandwith of their phones and Laptops and the internet start going well but after like 1 week my pc was like slower, and it was harder for him to connect to the internet, i have 2 antivirus ( i know its kinda bad having 2 antivirus tho) Kaspersky Premium Personal and Avast Premium, so i want to know if NetCut actually damage your pc or if its save. ( Sorry if my English is bad im not a native speaker)

    submitted by /u/DesolateCat
    [link] [comments]

    I've never used an iPad before, is the new iPad pro 2020 worth buying or should I get an iPad air? Pro's priced a 1000 bucks. I'm a regular user and wouldn't use it for editing but, want to have a complete experience of my first of this kind.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    Any Suggestions for an Outdoor Sound System?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 08:46 AM PDT

    Preferably waterproof and relatively easy to install and use. I have a Bose SoundTouch 20 so anything that can sync with that will also be a big bonus.

    submitted by /u/Cozzynator
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking for a way to connect multiple monitors to my laptop

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 08:24 AM PDT

    I have a Lenovo X1 carbon that I want to hook up to multiple different monitors. I have one standard computer monitor and I also have a Huion graphics tablet. I want to be able to use these three devices and have three different displays running at once. My laptop, however, only has one HDMI port. A while ago I purchased an HDMI Splitter, but it just makes both the Huion tablet and the monitor share a screen instead of having separate screens. Here are some specs:

    Ports on my Carbon: 2 USB c ports (one for charging) 2 USB 3.1 ports 1 HDMI 1.4 port And there's one other port that i can't put a name too - I think it's some sort of display port similar to a micro DVI

    Ports on my Huion Graphics Tablet: 1 HDMI 1 DVI 1 VGA

    Ports on my monitor: 1 HDMI 1 VGA

    Is there any way that this is possible?

    submitted by /u/ActuallyAdrien
    [link] [comments]

    I Wanted to build a "mini pc" just for fun to add to to my collection , what's the lowest i can build one for?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 07:50 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment