• Breaking News

    Monday, March 23, 2020

    Tech Support - Whats the best (affordable) pc for gaming?

    Tech Support - Whats the best (affordable) pc for gaming?


    Whats the best (affordable) pc for gaming?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 03:27 PM PDT

    My current PC is definitely reaching its end. Its some built in computer/desktop samsung, and can barely run most games. Its stuck on windows 7 after a hard reset, and I think its finally time to switch.

    BUT, im a broke college student and cant afford most of the pcs i find. Whats the best brand? Is it cheaper to build one or just buy one all put together? Should I just wait it out and save enough to buy a more expensive one?

    submitted by /u/ScreamingAloe
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for ideas for broadcasting a Trivia Night/Pub Quiz with two separated hosts, with minimal requisites on the user end.

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 03:19 AM PDT

    Hi all. So basically every month for the last three years we've hosted a popular pub quiz in Turkey with the questions shared in both English and Turkish. There's an English-speaking host and a Turkish-speaking host, as well as the questions projected on a screen in both languages. The format of the trivia is pretty standard (table quiz, audio round, video round, regular questions rounds, etc.)

    To encourage social distancing, we'd like to shift our trivia to an online format this month. We're aware that cheating will likely be an issue, so will do it for fun / won't do prizes, but aside from that would like any ideas on the best way technically to do it. Basically looking for something that requires very little from the user end (was thinking for example the teams could just be small Whatsapp groups w/ the hosts included and a team captain for the final answers), but are unsure of the best way to broadcast it in a way that allows both hosts to have a mini box so you can see them (or at least hear them) and then projecting/screen-sharing the questions and the audio and video rounds.

    Would very much appreciate any advice/ideas on any aspect of the process in doing this digitally. Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/thespokenword
    [link] [comments]

    my computer crashes ( black screen , GPU fans on 100% ) on games

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 03:00 AM PDT

    so when i run a game on my Rx580 sapphire , the game ( sometimes ) crashes specially when there is a high graphics using cut scene like an explosion or twisting ( in resident evil 2 remake it happenes when zombies kill you by grabbing you and put you on the ground and you die ) ,

    tho my games always run perfect 60fps . even when i lower my game graphics setting this can happen ( less ) .

    some people say its the thermal paste or overheating but , is there a way to get rid of this?

    as you know RX580 is a powerful card at least for not so high end games.

    also im using the AMD radeon application for tunning , maybe you can help me to tune it better.

    Pc specs : core i5 9400F , Rx580 sapphire 8 GB , deep cool 500Watt PSU , B365 GTA biostar MB , 16GB DDR4 RAM. 2 120mm fans , SSD , HDD

    submitted by /u/arootindavtyan
    [link] [comments]

    Headset mic malfunctioning

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 09:34 PM PDT

    I recently got the Razer Kraken headset and it worked fine. Today, I went into Discord and found that all of the sudden, the microphone only picked up audio form the computer and nothing that I say into the mic. My other headset works perfectly fine, though, even though I used the same splitting cable for both of them.

    submitted by /u/MarcosPasta
    [link] [comments]

    Multiple Email Addresses

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 12:46 AM PDT

    I have multiple email addresses and i have a hard time figuring out if i should forward all to 1 or keeping them individual each?

    submitted by /u/5232005
    [link] [comments]

    Accessing files in old SSD from a new user

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Recently, my computer died, so I took the hard drives out and am trying to access the files within. My original computer was password protected and it seems the SSD is also locking content. Essentially, all I see is this screen:

    https://imgur.com/a/ueh8im6

    There should be a number of folders that aren't there currently. The only files that seem to be locked are within the user folder- shown above as "-----_000". To get to this step, I've fitted my SSD with a USB adapter and tried looking using a friend's computer. At first, looking in the user file described above didn't do anything (couldn't even see what was in the file), but then I looked in properties>security>advanced and it let us browse to the screen showing above. Is there a place I should be inputting my original Windows Authentication? For some reason that was never prompted when browsing the drive on my friend's user. Secondly, what is the default Microsoft username's domain? I had previously tried on a different computer (work computer) and the domain was my work domain, so if I need the full user@domain what would that be, if I've always just left things on Windows default for the original machine?

    These are just my questions based on what I'm seeing. If there's a better way to access a password protected hard drive on a different user, please let me know. I've been searching around for answers but anything I've found I have not been able to replicate.

    Thanks for your time reading and any help you can offer!

    submitted by /u/ExclamationPointMan
    [link] [comments]

    Best Video Editing App For My Needs

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 06:51 PM PDT

    I don't want to record my own footage & edit it with sound, captions etc. I want to take pre-existing videos & combine them into something funny, like the example in my link. The only info I find is for apps to record, then edit. I have a Note 9 & an iPad 7th gen, so an app for either Android or iOS is fine. I don't have a PC. I've looked at iMovie, Kinemaster & Inshot to name a few. Those don't specify how to get the clips or how to do what I want. The YouTube creater won't respond to tell me how that type of video is made. I've been trying to figure it out for months & I'm beyond frustrated! Type of video I want to make.

    submitted by /u/Feliz_Flazeda
    [link] [comments]

    Why is 3D TV dead?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    The ones that required glasses were lame, but they were making 3D TVs that didn't require any glasses, kinda like the nintendo 3Ds.

    VR headsets will never be a replacement for 3D movies, since you can't watch anything on them without getting motion sickness.

    submitted by /u/Chocobo_Eater
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any 4KTVs with a native 120Hz refresh rate?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    I am looking for a TV that can display in 4K with a native 120Hz refresh rate. I've looked around and I've found that many TVs are advertised to have 120Hz, but actually do not. So, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

    submitted by /u/anarchopunk666
    [link] [comments]

    What to upgrade for faster web browsing?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 07:58 PM PDT

    I work from home and the bulk of my work is done within my browser, Chrome. Lately it's been a bit laggy and slow at loading pages. My connection is 45Mbps so it's not that. Specs on my PC are AMD A8-9600 3.10ghz, 8gig ram and running windows 10 on an SSD.

    The pc is roughly 3 years old, I didn't really wanna upgrade to a whole new system so would upping the RAM be enough? Or throw it out and start again? Oh and I've recently done a fresh install of windows so it's only the bare essentials running on it.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/gumb0000t
    [link] [comments]

    creating a silent disco (using bluetooth?)

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    Im trying to have a silent disco with about 10 - 15 people using bluetooth.

    I could rent a silent disco-kit, which will be expensive.. I was also wondering if it could be done with wireless headsets via bluetooth. My question is if it is possible to broadcast from 1 device (laptop) to many other devices (headsets)?

    And is the strength of a bluetooth signal strong enough.

    submitted by /u/wangdoddles
    [link] [comments]

    Did Xfinity lie to me?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    I just got an Xfinity gigabit internet plan, but when I tested it on my phone, the download speed was only about 300 mbps. We called Xfinity, and a technician came. He said that "the gigabit speed doesn't work on your devices".

    The phones we tested out gigabit internet on were the S10 Plus and the Iphone X. These are new phones, so I think that the technician was lying.

    submitted by /u/BlueGo32
    [link] [comments]

    If analog media formats like VHS, Cassette, Vinyl, Film and their associated hardware had as much R&D over the years as digital, what kind of improvements might we see today?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 11:07 AM PDT

    Can I turn my Amazon Echo/Google home in to a AI powered Noise canceling device?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 06:03 PM PDT

    Let me know if this is possible, I can't find anything on the web about it.

    submitted by /u/dock1136
    [link] [comments]

    I upgraded my Win 7 PC to Win 10, now VGA (second display) will not work.

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    Windows does detect the monitor but no display is coming through. The monitor is an HP w185e and has the latest driver. GPU is an ATI Redeon HD 4600 Series with the latest driver.

    submitted by /u/churchofclaus
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a good internet deal?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    There are 4 adults in my home and let's assume everyone has 2 devices each that will be connected to the WiFi (total of 8 devices). Of course, we have our own full-time work schedules so all 8 devices won't all be burdening the WiFi 24/7. I was quoted 300mbs, modem/router included, free installation, 3 year service agreement for $89.99. Is this internet speed right for 8 devices? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/BrandinoJam24
    [link] [comments]

    I need to do sentiment analysis on a data set. What’s the best tool out there to do it without coding?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 10:18 AM PDT

    Dell Latitude E5420 - Does not boot

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    Did not use laptop for some months. Kids need them as schools are now from home for next couple of weeks. So I see the need to give that laptop to kids for their school work.

    I noticed that battery had completly drained out. I connected it to the power adapter that I use with my other Dell E5420 laptop. Laptop did not boot up. Noticed that when connected to this laptop, the power adapter's green light keeps blinking. When connected to the working laptop, the same adapter's light does not blink but is steady green. So that tells me that adapter is working fine but something is wrong with laptop. I tried it without battery and still same issue.

    Question is: How do I find out what is wrong with laptop? If its a cheap fix, I will do it if I can.

    submitted by /u/gurusviews
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my laptop running low on memory (16GB) when I barely have any programs running?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 06:32 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I work in design so I often have Chrome open along with Spotify Desktop and Photoshop.

    Now if I'm running 20 Chrome tabs and 8 Photoshop documents, I'd expect to see some slowing down. I'm having severe trouble running 3 Chrome tabs and 2 PS tabs; there are errors in both programs halting my work. This is a Dell XPS too, which has pretty fast stock memory, it's known as a very fast computer even without upgrades. All my drivers are up to date always, I check religiously.

    And I also just upgraded my SSD to this workhorse so I am officially stumped on why my computer seems to think that my physical memory is inadequate. What's going on here?

    submitted by /u/TheOriginOfSymmetry
    [link] [comments]

    HELP ME FIX

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    so i got a 3.5 m Y splitter for my headset and when i put my headset on only one side works (right) idk if its the Y splitters fault or maybe i could do something in the settings

    submitted by /u/Seboizy
    [link] [comments]

    Which would you say is the best HDR, 4K, 49'' or 50'' TV and with either game mode or already a very low latency? (max 600€)

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 09:12 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment