• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 3, 2020

    Tech Support - Internet router specs

    Tech Support - Internet router specs


    Internet router specs

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 03:18 AM PST

    If my isp gives me internet at 30mbps, is it worth getting a router with 1200 mb of bandwith?

    submitted by /u/BzdigBlig
    [link] [comments]

    nginx help: why is "rewrite" required here?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 05:21 PM PST

    So, in short, I recently got a slot on a shared server for some of my personal stuff and they recommend me to set an nginx config like this

    location /service { rewrite /(.*) /username/$1 break; proxy_pass http://10.0.0.1:port/; } 

    to access a service I set up via https://server/username/service instead of http://server:port/username/service with SSL as an added bonus. What I don't get is why "rewrite" is required here. Why doesn't something like this work?

    location /username/service { proxy_pass http://10.0.0.1:port/username/service; } 
    submitted by /u/SleeplessSloth79
    [link] [comments]

    Education: Allow students to hold a location like Pokemon GO

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 01:25 PM PST

    I'm looking for a way for students to go to locations within the school and hold the location for their team and then other students to take it from them (Cold War Containment Unit)

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/OneBigBrownDog
    [link] [comments]

    Downloadable Pdf file

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 01:33 AM PST

    Hey guys. I have a pdf file and I want create a link for people to download it. And put it into my website . I also want to keep track of how many people downloaded it. Can you recommend some website or technique for that?

    submitted by /u/hamiddev
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for help with an ancient camcorder

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 10:22 PM PST

    Hey, so I recently dug out all the old home videos my family has taken over the years. It's a Panasonic Palmcorder. I don't know the exact model, but one of our earliest videos is from 1999, so not sure if that bit of information helps. I am trying to convert the VHS mini tapes to a digital format. The cable provided with it looks like a 3.5mm jack that plugs into the camera itself and then the other end is AV (a yellow and white plug-in). I have a MacBook Air, circa 2016ish. How can I connect this camera to the computer so that it recognizes a device is connected, and I can record the tapes on my iMovie???

    sorry this isn't super correct verbiage, im awful with technology.

    Edit: I bought an AV to HDMI converter and then plugged it into an HDMI to USB converter. This didn't work and it was unable to recognize my camera.

    submitted by /u/Salty_Government
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a streaming device that can stream video without streaming audio.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 05:58 PM PST

    I have a monitor with no built in speakers. I figured I would put it close to my bed and chromecast the video but listen with my bluetooth headphones. Problem is chromecast doesn't support video only streaming.

    Is there a similar product (roku, firestick, whatever) that would allow me stream video from my galaxy s9+ to my monitor but allow me to use bluetooth for the audio?

    submitted by /u/YourRapaciousSocket
    [link] [comments]

    How does capacitive active stylus technology work?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 05:22 PM PST

    I have been researching the subject, because I have the project of manufacturing an active capacitive stylus, I have seen explanations of how a capacitive screen works, and I think I understand it, however I have not found anything that explains the basic technology of an active capacitive stylus, mention Special to the fact that such a device is different from the stylus that only work with a specific company and devices, the capacitive active stylus uses a technology that allows them to work with any capasitive touch device without the need to establish a Bluetooth or other connection with the device in question, and the quality they have is their fine tip, so I would like to know the basis of the operation of the technology that allows them to have the fine tip, thanks

    submitted by /u/edogawa_chan
    [link] [comments]

    Can I change the status bar on Samsung Galaxy S7 to black?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 12:11 PM PST

    So my new home screen background has a white section at the top and I was trying to find a way to turn the status bar icons black but couldn't find a way. Is this possible?

    submitted by /u/Catom18
    [link] [comments]

    In need of a computer science pro!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 08:20 PM PST

    Hello all!

    I am brand new using Reddit so bear with me. If there is a better place I can ask these questions, please let me know.

    I am an entrepreneur. I have come in hopes of finding individuals who are knowledgeable with electronic products. I recently had an epiphany for a BRAND NEW product that I have faith I can sell off the shelf. The only issue is I am missing a key component to the product and it is electronic (which I'm not the best with).

    • I am lacking a touchscreen, tablet-style electronic that exists for the sole purpose of screen-mirroring and remote controlling an iPhone or smartphone.

    Essentially, I need to know the cheapest way that I could have someone manufacture a tablet-sized, touchscreen device that will solely use the computing power of the user's iPhone and display it & control it. I also need to know how to go about coding the device to do just that.

    My best guess was a touchscreen LCD screen with a single-board computer like a cheap Rasberry Pi built-in. But basically, the device needs to SOLELY be a remote control for an iPhone. I do not want the device to have a processing system of its own because I fear that it will drastically raise the cost. Speakers on the exterior= bonus points.

    Thank you for the help!

    submitted by /u/Levinvest
    [link] [comments]

    Best was to make playlists with mp3 files for all devices?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 04:17 PM PST

    I have Android and Windows

    submitted by /u/LuxuryKingRanch69
    [link] [comments]

    How can I y-jack two corsair void pro wireless headsets?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 06:01 PM PST

    I work in a call center. Everyone is assigned their own pair of wireless Corsair void pros. For new hires, we'd like them to be able to y-jack while shadowing and learning the ins and outs of the job. They are wireless headphones yes, but they also are able to connect to the laptop through USB 3.0. Does anyone know how we can set this up, for two headsets to play the same audio, and to be able to use at least one of the mics? Please help!

    submitted by /u/ry_laplante
    [link] [comments]

    technology topics f

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 04:45 PM PST

    Need some ideas to make a presentation on technology that has effected culture. I know topics of Nano technology, self driving cards, GMO . But want to do something different and interesting please suggest some topics.

    submitted by /u/denverruby
    [link] [comments]

    Help me open this program

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 04:42 PM PST

    Hi everyone,

    So I am pretty tech-illiterate so forgive me if I am doing something wrong.

    I am in a class where I have to write a paper on an open-source software and as I am interested in screen-writing and used to use Celtx I wanted to write about it's passed version which was open source. I have found it on Github here is the link: https://github.com/tmhorne/celtx. I downloaded it and have no idea what I am looking at, its a bunch of text files and I cannot how to run the program. Is there something I am missing or a program I need to run this?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ZakeyCakes
    [link] [comments]

    Google home mini battery?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 03:44 PM PST

    Ive posted about this in a few forums, but ive been mostly discredited. Ive had a google home mini from spotify for a few months that recently started beeping and talking in the google voice in the middle of the night and sometimes as late as 7am. I havent used it since i moved because i have no wifi connection. Its been unplugged sitting in a bag for a couple months. Ive read a few things online about people having a similar issue, but ive seen no answers besides people just saying its not true. I just want to know if there is some sort of backup battery in there or any other way it could randomly power on and make noise.

    submitted by /u/coyoteskeeterson
    [link] [comments]

    Technology class discussion

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 05:35 AM PST

    Hi I'm a technology teacher looking to create an assignment about world events that directly affect the technology industry. The only events I can think of are the floods in Thailand that affected computer hard drives and now the Corona virus that will most likely impact tech soon. Are there other events that would be good to discuss?

    submitted by /u/sfa7x
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with building a gaming PC

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 05:12 AM PST

    Hello. I'm not too new to PC building and I know a little something about all the components. However, I have never built my own PC from scratch, mainly because I am too afraid of messing up and buying wrong parts (parts that would be incompatible with eachother).

    1. What sites can I use to build a PC (and maybe even purchase it over the site), keeping in mind I live in central Europe and don't want to pay too much for shipping.
    2. How do I know which parts are compatible with eachother and which ones work best together?
    3. I do want to keep the price as low as it can be, but I'm very flexible. Is it possible to build a PC that would smoothly run newer games and have no trouble with fancy graphics?

    Note: I will also use the PC for some lighter video editing/rendering and programing. I want this PC to last as long as possible, prefferably over 5 years (at least). I mainly play MMOs and MOBAs, but I'd like to be able to play all kinds of games.

    I hope I provided enough information for you to help me out a little bit. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/kavog
    [link] [comments]

    Screen flickers grey once and then only the screen stops working

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 08:04 AM PST

    So I've searched the web for this problem but couldn't find any reasons for this. while using my laptop my screen will flicker grey for a second and then the screen stops working. My ASUS comes with a handy key that allows the screen to be turned off and on again. When I do this the screen starts working again but couple of seconds later the same issue. All programmes and things I have running are still working on the background however the laptop screen itself is frozen.

    submitted by /u/MrEkz
    [link] [comments]

    Xiaomi note 8 vs Motorola G8 Plus?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 06:48 AM PST

    I'm just about to upgrade my Moto g5 after two years, what do you guys recommend? Thanks

    submitted by /u/BrunoCABA
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking for a fast usb-c dual thumb drive / usb stick (write speed 150 MB/s +)

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 05:39 AM PST

    It should include USB-C and USB 3.0. So far I can only find thumb drives that have low write speeds (~50MB/s). Do you have any recommendations for a fast one?

    submitted by /u/Bonsai_Bones
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment