• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 19, 2020

    Tech Support - Games are stuck at 30fps

    Tech Support - Games are stuck at 30fps


    Games are stuck at 30fps

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    My pc workers perfectly fine but when I load into fortnite my FPS stayes at 30FPS

    submitted by /u/Murky-Radio
    [link] [comments]

    Do mobile phones carry real GPS chips

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    So I was thinking up an app idea a couple of years ago and it was based around the idea that in my experience in the backcountry that my phone could still give me a GPS position.

    For this to work I assumed that my phone still had an actual GPS chip in it, because out where I was there was literally no cellular coverage or telecommunications towers. I'm talking to sort of place that has Hills, valleys, and all very Rocky steep terrain.

    After approaching an app developer to develop the app, he informed me that phones do not have proper GPS and that it was absolutely impossible to lock onto a location without access to telecommunications towers. which seems weird to me because when I would look at my map I would be accurate to within one or two metres, and no one gets reception in this area it is a well-known problem within the community.

    In fact the lack of telecommunications access has lead to quite a number of severe medical instances and when people have crashed their vehicles in this area has led to some very dangerous circumstances.

    So my question is if there is no telecommunications access in the area then how can my phone still be accurate to 1 or 2 metres? Surely my phone must be getting some form of signal to triangulate my position in this area?

    submitted by /u/Rumbuck_274
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know what audio bit rate that Windows Video Editor exports in?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    I'm trying to make a simple video for my music mixes to post on Youtube. Not concerned with video bit rate, I'm curious if my audio bit rate will be 320 kbps, as my original audio file is. Struggling to find info online.

    submitted by /u/FrightenedOstrich
    [link] [comments]

    Downloads much slower than expected

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    Recently I realized how slow my downloads are, granging around 10 bytes per second (yes im serious) to 200kbps. When I did a speediest it said my download speed is around 100mbps and my upload is 29mbps so I don't understand why its so slow. Ive tried downloading from several servers, and although some are slower and faster than others, it still generally far too slow. Ive also tried turning Vpns on and off, and for some reason its a bit faster when they're on. Does anyone know how I can make my download speed reach the potential it has?

    submitted by /u/weedthetree
    [link] [comments]

    3.5mm to Lightning Adaptor

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    So I'm trying to track down a 3.5mm to lightning adaptor. Not like the ones that you can get for iPhones but the opposite, one that lets you use lightning port earphones with a 3.5mm headphone jack (so an adaptor with male 3.5mm and female lightning). Is this adaptor a thing or am I just making it up? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Kaiyrak
    [link] [comments]

    If you plug a projector into a system unit with no monitor, does it work ?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    Is there a way to digitize an old landline phone and pick it up remotely?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    Girlfriend has to be at work to answer an old analog phone.

    Do they make a box that basically sends all calls and everything over the internet?

    My research suggest I need an analog to digital phone box and then I have to pay some VOIP company to handle the calls and give me software and stuff. Is that right?

    submitted by /u/DeGlasse
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an audio product to convert AUX to Bluetooth

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    Hi all, hope this is the right place to ask around. At work we cannot install things with driver's, and out computers don't have Bluetooth. We can use the AUX port on the computers to use headphones or mics. I was wondering if there was a AUX to Bluetooth converter, but with microphone passthrough. My Bluetooth headphones have a built in microphone I'd like to take advantage of. Right now I'm using a aux cord with a microphone in the cord, but the mic it's very good.

    submitted by /u/172_0_0_1
    [link] [comments]

    Torrent Hiding

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    If I activate my phone's wifi connection, then have a laptop utilize the phone's hotspot, will my torrenting remain hidden? In the past i got internet locked out because i got found out.

    I realize VPN are best but I'm starting out of that.

    And yes i know carriers will de-prioritize my service after so much. I really just need the wifi- phone- laptop question answered.

    submitted by /u/sixshooterquill
    [link] [comments]

    how to make partition larger in windows 10

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 04:26 PM PDT

    I'm trying to make my partition larger in order to update windows so I can play the new COD War Zone. I've tried several things that I found on google and nothing is working. Is there any way to do this without reformatting? My friends keep saying I need to reformat but I really don't want to due to business stuff on my pc. I have a 128 GB SSD that my OS is on and a 1TB hard drive that my business files and other games are on. The partition is 100mb and google says it needs to be 500mb for windows 10.

    How can I fix this?

    submitted by /u/ScRiPtZc137
    [link] [comments]

    Super slow file transfer via OTG and system lag Android 9

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    Hello there!

    So I'm using a new Lenovo TB-8505X with Android 9 and I've tried several file managers and still when I'm trying to transfer files to any of my USB sticks the speed is too slow, like one mb and even gets slower and the system starts to lag, when the transfer is complete the system resumes its normal work! At first it starts to transfer fast, like instantly 10-20% of the file and then it slows down!

    On my old Lenovo Tab Essentials with Android 5 everything transfers fast and the system doesn't lag! Why is that and what can be done about it?

    I've already tried to enable USB Debugging and all that, to no avail!

    Do any of you guys have this problem, seems like a Pie's problem...

    Is it even solvable?

    Device works flawlessly except for this one problem!

    submitted by /u/ChessFeb
    [link] [comments]

    Weird high CPU Google Chrome process

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    Recently google chrome was running a process that requires a lot of my CPU memory and if I close it nothing happens, i mean google chrome still works fine, I think it might be a bitcoin farmer or how was it called.

    Can somebody help me to solve this one?

    Google Chrome app doesn't even count the cpu usage from this process in the apps running in task manager

    submitted by /u/KawaiFunk
    [link] [comments]

    Hey, would the 5.98 package actually support 24 people, 2000mb doesnt seem like a lot

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    Ransomware taking down Government County Office's database for weeks

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    My local county's Deeds Register / Register of Deeds office was taken down by a malware attack (rumored to have been ransomware) nearly two weeks ago and they are not back online yet. My limited understanding of IT thinks that they should be able to simply have had the server and computers backed up on whatever the commercial equivalent of Acronis or Macrium is (this happened in one or two other counties in this state last year) and be back up and running in a day or two.

    Am I missing something, such as that task being far more difficult, time-consuming, and/or expensive than I am giving it credit? Or is it more likely to have simply been a lack of preparedness by that local government office?

    submitted by /u/iguacu
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment