• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 16, 2020

    Tech Support - Why does refreshing open tabs increase my download speeds??

    Tech Support - Why does refreshing open tabs increase my download speeds??


    Why does refreshing open tabs increase my download speeds??

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 04:12 AM PST

    Living behind the Great Firewall, I'm often forced to use a VPN. Often when I'm downloading a large file, my internet will cut out.

    I've found that if I hit download and walk away the download fails. But if I continuously use the internet on different tabs, the download will continue and in most cases speed up.

    The more complicated the website the better. I've learned to have 5 or 6 tabs open, constantly refreshing yahoo, msn, any news website , etc. The more complex the website and longer it takes to load, the better my download speed.

    Can anyone who understands downloads explain why this might be working? Is there a program I could use to mimic this activity to boost my speed?

    submitted by /u/Impromptulifer99
    [link] [comments]

    What is the safest emulator for playing android games on pc?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 06:29 PM PST

    I know its been asked in other subreddits. I keep seeing conflicting information and would like to hear an updated list of what emulators are the safest as of 2020. I saw in some posts saying bluestacks 4 is good, but others say it is bad. I used bluestacks 4 a couple of times, yet still don't feel 100% safe with it. I unstalled it and had trouble deleting some of the .log files. They're gone now. I'm not looking for the fastest or the most features. Just the safest and able to play Star Wars Commander. That's it. : )

    submitted by /u/Fairy_Love_Sniper
    [link] [comments]

    Anti-Ghosting Keyboard

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 03:34 AM PST

    Hi,i just bought this new pack from Drakkar Konix that included an keyboard wtih 19 anti-ghosting keys,but after i did a test online i found out that i can only use 4-5 keys at once,do i need to activate the anti ghosting function or i just got lied to?

    submitted by /u/Pawer00912
    [link] [comments]

    Are these good and worth the price?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 03:00 AM PST

    I really don't know much about gaming of but I wanna get into and say goodbye to console can someone help me?


    Scores in the premium/highest tier category on the VR benchmark (Crushes normal games). Happy to do a live demonstration. -Quad Core Intel i5 (Up to 3.6-3.8ghz x 4 cores with turbo boost) SPECIAL bundle deal: INCLUDES TWO LARGE Widescreen HD monitors + Gaming/RGB keyboard and light up mouse with 6 Programmable buttons and gaming headphones FREE! Everything is all set up and READY for pickup HTC Vive or Occulus Rift ready! -Memory: 8GB Ram (mention this ad for FREE upgrade of DOUBLE the ram! 16GB While supplies last) -High Speed dual band 802.11ac Wifi -Hard Drive: ~700gb (also there room for more drives for exponentially more space, happy to upgrade you to more space if you need, or an ssd for faster booting-- just adds $30) -FRESH Windows 10 64-Bit Installed, activated, and FULLY OPTIMIZED -nVidia GTX 1060 GAMING edition (HAS 1184 CUDA CORES, only 96 cores needed for fortnite!!) Made to CRUSH games at high resolution and GREAT framerates. Handles VR with ease. -10 USB ports (including USB 3.0 for VR smoothness) -DVD-RW Drive (Blu ray BURNER for +$40--also burns dvds/cds) -All necessary cables/cords -Passed High-end VR test with FLYING COLORS, it will CHEW up all regular games, for now and safety for the future!! Does THE LATEST games at high settings, including FARCRY 5, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, Destiny 2, Rainbow Six (CREAMS it), Call of Duty, Player Unknown: Battlegrounds. Also Comes with Word/Excel/Powerpoint editor Office Suite for FREE (Seriously, just as good as MS Office for zilch. Sound too good to be true? Check out the details about more amazing stuff that "I wish I would have been told sooner" in my book life simplified lifehacks on amzon: wifi laser + auto duplex printer +$80 (color inkjet available for $50) *****

    submitted by /u/xXSaltynessXx
    [link] [comments]

    Cell phone batteries, lifespan

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:26 AM PST

    So, I had the same phone for a few years and eventually the battery started to last shorter and shorter periods. I put off doing something about it for a long time and it got really bad and because I need it for work it cost me a lot of anxiety. When I got my new cell phone I got a 20000 mwh power bank that I took with me everywhere. After two years the battery inside that cell phone had never been under 80%.

    The other day I forgot to charge the power bank and used the cell phone until it was at 20%. This took about seven hours of almost constant usage.

    Because it's never actually been used below 80% is it still practically a brand new battery?

    submitted by /u/Cheeseand0nions
    [link] [comments]

    What are some measures I can take to protect customer data?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 04:19 PM PST

    -This is for a school project, where we hypothetically operate a 5 franchise American restaurant chain.

    -There will be 2 desktops at each location.

    -Main hardware will be "Ziosk" tablets; used to print receipts, take orders, pay, collect customer surveys, etc.

    What are some ways to keep our hypothetical customers' data safe?

    submitted by /u/WestsideMilk
    [link] [comments]

    Has this ever happened to anyone else?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 12:50 PM PST

    This started to happen when I still had my other phone. Sometimes I make a call to my parents, then the connection drops. They try to call me back right away but instead of me answering, they just re hear the all conversation they just had with me, but only my side.

    Do you know why this might be ?

    submitted by /u/MsMerdaccino
    [link] [comments]

    Tablet advice for drawing

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 10:10 AM PST

    My 12 year old daughter is very into art (especially computer animation) and wants a drawing tablet for her birthday. Our family doesn't have a good computer, just a small cheap laptop, so I was thinking of getting her a full tablet not just a drawing tablet and was wondering if a) this is a decent idea and b) what y'all suggest me getting?

    She's only 12 and 12 year olds are mercurial so I don't want to get a top of the line one, but I want to get one good enough that it being glitchy or laggy doesn't cause her to quit. I was hoping to spend 200-300 dollars? Which I know for something like this, that isn't that much, but I'm a single mom and I'm doing my best!

    Thank you all so much for your thoughts and ideas!

    (also yes, I did do a search and saw similar questions but none within the last year and since technology changes so quickly I figured a new question would be ok! Please forgive me if missed some community etiquette.)

    submitted by /u/oldclocksecret
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking for advice on drones.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 03:25 PM PST

    Hello. So, my inquiry was on drones. First, let me specify.

    I like to explore. I've done research on some live-transmission FPV drones. I, however, find myself stuck on the range.

    I'm not looking to scale Mt. Everest. I'm just looking to maybe go a few blocks.

    I am not what one would call rich. I'm not poverty-poor, but I can't go buying 3,000-4,000 dollar range, either.

    I have been looking and looking.

    My problem is trying to find a good FPV drone. When I search it on youtube, they think I need a racing drone. I don't.

    When I look up long-range drones, they either are in said $1,000 range, like the Autel Evo, or don't have FPV.

    So, that's why I'm here. I consider myself a bit tech-savvy, but I know better people are out there.

    Now, if you do have any advice, thank you. I don't need anyone to do the research for me (because then I'd feel bad), but any advice on what I should be searching.

    submitted by /u/EyeInTheSky0325
    [link] [comments]

    Sony WH-1000XM3 vs Bose 700, which is the better pair?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:24 AM PST

    I am a sufferer of really bad anxiety when going out in public and I currently have a pair of Bose QC 35ii. They're a good pair which I have had for just over a year and I noticed that the battery deteriorates and the sound is wearing down compared to when I got them brand new.

    I hear that the Bose 700s improved loads with the Bluetooth and battery, are there worth getting. If not, are there brands that are better? I don't go for base just crystal clear all round balanced sound and good noise cancelling.

    submitted by /u/franklin2014ish
    [link] [comments]

    GPS Receiver - datasheet/pinout/protocol info?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 02:56 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/VW9NGwY.jpg

    This device has been sitting in the bottom or my electronics toolbox for about 15 years. Now that I'm getting back into hobby stuff, I'd like to see what it can do.

    I've tried googling, but I'm getting loads of results for "GMO-101" that have nothing to do with GPS or electronics, and the SiRFstarIII stuff is only returning generic chip info.

    I suspect that this is an RS232 connection, but I'm not terribly familiar with it, and the color codes seem to be a bit off. Colors:

    • Red
    • Blue
    • Black
    • Green
    • Yellow
    • White

    I suspect this might have had an actual plug at one time, similar to what is shown in this PDF: http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/490707.pdf

    Any additional information or documentation would be greatly appreciated. If it matters, I intend to use this with a raspberry pi.

    submitted by /u/scripted_redditor
    [link] [comments]

    Beeping Sound driving me crazy at my business (possibly security system related)

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 06:46 AM PST

    I have a DSC Powerseries PC616 installed at my business. A couple weeks ago I had a security company who originally installed the system to set the chime feature to occur from the lock box in the back of house instead of just the keypad in the front of house as it couldn't be heard from the back. So when the door opens to my business the quieter chime still happens, as well as the louder beep in the back.

    Now every few days or so a very loud beep, significantly louder than the beep for the door being opened will occur every minute on the dot for several hours. It will then go away, no rhyme or reason that I can see. It has no connection to the doors being opened, it is a separate louder beep.

    Contacted the security company and they said 9 times out of 10 its a carbon monoxide detector or fire alarm. I'm confident it's neither of those because they are not close to where the sound is coming from. Any ideas what might be causing this to occur? I really don't want to have to call the security company again and pay to have them come out

    submitted by /u/ghost3737
    [link] [comments]

    Weird noises on line during call

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 09:54 AM PST

    Tried to call a Craiglist ad that wasn't responding to text and got weird series of screeching/beeping that sounded like a hamster talk voice. Is this something to be concerned about? Bit worried as they sorta dropped the ball on me after responding for days.

    submitted by /u/Kindelar
    [link] [comments]

    What are your favorite hidden tips and tricks of the Apple Airpods?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 08:36 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment