• Breaking News

    Monday, February 17, 2020

    Tech Support - A couple of stalkers have sole access to my router. What are they seeing and how do I stop it?

    Tech Support - A couple of stalkers have sole access to my router. What are they seeing and how do I stop it?


    A couple of stalkers have sole access to my router. What are they seeing and how do I stop it?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 05:29 PM PST

    I hope this is the last time I will have to ask questions regarding this because I'm at my limit. Previously I've asked questions about this and gotten a few responses, thank you to those people. This is the situation – my mom and I are currently in a mentally/verbally abusive/stalker-esque situation with other family members and one of the invasive ways they meddle in our lives is by keeping tabs on the router. I.e, they have the username/password to it and keep us locked out aside from wifi connection, and they therefor patrol everything we do online, I have even been confronted with it early on. they will likely see this post but I'm past the point of caring.
    A week or two ago the internet would not work and I finally got the courage to do a manual reset on the router and boot them off and out of the app. Today they dropped by announced and reset the router back to an unknown username and password and again only gave us access to the wifi network password, and they can once again spy on everything we do.
    I have a couple of questions, the first being, what exactly can they see? When I reset it and had the app, I could not see specific URLs visited, just a very general "top 5" visited sites, some of which (like e-mail and google searches) didn't even show up under names like "google" or "gmail." however, I know for a fact that in the past they have seen specific URLs we've visited, when we did, and seen private DMs. Someone in a previous post mentioned spyware, and yes, spyware was installed on my old computer, but not my mother's, (that I know of) which also had exact URLs seen on it. so again, what can they see, and what are they using to see it?
    My second question is what can I do to put a permanent stop to this invasion of privacy? Thanks for any input. I will be putting this both on technology and abuse subs.

    submitted by /u/horrorflicks
    [link] [comments]

    Segurazo antivirus, can't remove it

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 12:56 AM PST

    During last week (Tuesday afternoon 11/2-2020), a program popped up called Segurazo antivirus, (I haven't downloaded anything since December where I bought an expansion to sims 4) It started by slowing my pc incredibly much. So I tried uninstalling it, and then it started asking me if it was allowed to alter stuff on my pc, I said no.

    And it didn't want to get removed, I tried I really tried following a guide with something called safe mode and running antiviruses against it, but nothing happened. And today it corrupted word*, which is a problem because I have a big assignment to hand in tomorrow.

    I don't know what to do, it has a pop up covering a quarter of my screen (in the left down corner) I can't get rid off.

    I really hope this is enough information to help me, I tried doing research but some say it's a normal antivirus and others say it's a virus.

    *The specific program it's trying to delete is called WINWORD.exe found under (c:\program files\microsoft office\root\office16\WINWORD.exe. Word can't open without this, because every time I do it says an error message but there's nothing in the error message

    submitted by /u/LocalCupcake
    [link] [comments]

    • replace letters certain characters/letters with other characters/letters: whats a good software for this?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 03:38 AM PST

    I don't want to convert the letters to other fonts, I want to replace certain letters ive specified to be replaced with other letters ive specified . eg if I wrote in the tool i::a, b:l, c:k id like if it would replace each character found in the paragraph that contains any of those characters I specified to be converted to the counterpart

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to find out what url a Windows program accesses? I can find the IP it connects to through my firewall, but is there a way to find out the exact files it downloads to my computer and the exact url it fetches the files?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 02:00 AM PST

    I have a Tab S6 but I can't type with it on my lap because it falls between my legs. Is there an adaptor to widen the stand (for people who "man-spread")?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 11:02 PM PST

    Kindle Paperwhite not being recognized by Macbook Air?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 10:00 PM PST

    Hi, all:

    A while back, my Macbook Air stopped recognizing my Kindle Paperwhite. Did some research. Most forums I stumbled across suggested the USB cable was the problem. I ordered a USB cable specifically for Kindles from Amazon. It worked for about 2 weeks. Now, I've encountered the same problem. I've tested all ports. I've checked to make sure the settings are such that devices are visible in the Finder. I've tried restarting both the Kindle and the laptop. I've tried using Terminal to see what disks are in "listed," and the Kindle isn't (but my grasp of Terminal is amateurish at best). It does charge while it's plugged in.

    Any ideas what the issue could be?

    I bought the Paperwhite in 2015 so I'm not sure if they are known to do this after a set amount of time, but I'm hesitant to buy a new USB cable since this most recently ordered one only lasted me a couple of weeks. If it helps, I noticed when it was plugged into my laptop last it kept flickering back and forth between the charging screen and the library screen.

    submitted by /u/sleuthwood
    [link] [comments]

    Windows is not in fullscreen

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 01:47 PM PST

    So, as my head rolled over my keyboard I accidentally activated some shortcut and now Windows is, when choosing a lower resolution than the max. resolution of my monitor, showing black bars on top and bottom and on the sides.

    Its like it only uses those pixels 1:1 instead of stretching it so that my monitor is fully filled.

    How do I fix that?

    submitted by /u/Domo_Countrer
    [link] [comments]

    What key non-gaming/media production improvements have laptops seen in the past 4 years? Have there been any?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 08:39 PM PST

    I'm currently using a 5th gen i5 laptop (dell latitude e7450) and just wanted to ask whether newer laptops have any key improvements that would justify upgrading at this point in time given that I only use my laptop for office work and web browsing?

    After all even 3-4th gen i5 processors are already overkill for almost all office related tasks and 4-6 hours of battery is more than enough, so is there anything worth upgrading for?

    submitted by /u/_________-----------
    [link] [comments]

    Budget tablet buying advice

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 08:16 PM PST

    Im a masters student previously living in China. I wasn't planning to be gone for so long and didn't bring my laptop. Looking for a cheap tablet to pair with a keyboard to work on my thesis. Was thinking IPad since all my others devices are Apple. Any suggestions on previous generations? Not looking to spend too much money.

    Main tasks: typing and web research.

    submitted by /u/Deepndforest
    [link] [comments]

    Help with a mapping project in Geology.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 02:30 PM PST

    So... for my student mapping project I want to do it 100% digitally. I want to take pictures and trace over them for sketches (as I suck at free hand pencil) and I can use geopositioning so that people know exactly where I took the image. I can then also attach an audio log instead of writing notes so I can keep my hands free (I can transcribe them at a later date).

    Then I'd like to map the area on a digital scale so I can zoom in and out and annotate it. e.g. I have a mapping grid and at certain sections I add markers at locations that can be opened up that would then contain my images and audio logs. Which I could overlay onto my map that I'm drawing on a tablet. (I only have android so I can't use IOS apps unfortunately, I also feel that android would communicate better with a laptop if I need to move files)

    And finally... I'd like to take my map that I did digitally and take the topography of something like google maps and overlay my map on top of to make it 3D. I would then use the dips and strikes measurements at defined boundaries to then extrapolate it into a 3D cross section. With the hope that I could intersect a line in any direction from above and it would display a cross section along that line.

    So very complicated but I think it's doable and surely geologists are currently doing what I'd like to do. Does anyone know what programs/resources I might need (hopefully free as i'm a student :( although I do have access to some programs like ArcGIS and AutoCAD) and if they don't know they might know someone to point me in the right direction? :)

    I've asked here as well as the Geology subreddit in case of people who might be aware of software that might perhaps be able to be used in this way.

    Software such as: * tracing over photos for a sketch image (hopefully that can be done on android and can communicate/transfer with a laptop)

    • a simple drawing program that can be put on a grid map pattern (hopefully that can be done on android and can communicate/transfer with a laptop)

    • a way to add links onto that drawn map (that could link to audio files and the sketched images)

    • a way to overlay that map onto google maps topography

    • finally a way to extrapolate that map below the topography but this bit would need some type of geological help and I still have people who I can ask for this bit

    Sorry this is a lot to ask and might be even more complicated than I thought it could be >.<

    submitted by /u/aegroti
    [link] [comments]

    HelpMeFind: A wall phone with ONLY speakerphone (no receiver)

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 01:10 PM PST

    I have a phone jack in my wall for an apartment buzzer system. It's pretty old school, and assumes that I'll plug in a home phone so I can answer the door.

    I have no desire for a home phone, and I don't want a receiver jutting out taking up space.

    I'm looking for a home phone that is as slim as possible, has a number pad (or at least 9), mounts on a wall, and ideally does not have a receiver. Must be able to run on line power.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/bradsk88
    [link] [comments]

    Help getting a Nintendo Switch around a restricted hotspot connection

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 12:47 PM PST

    I borrowed a T-Mobile hotspot from the library near me for "studying and job hunting". Phones and chromebooks connect to it just fine, but my switch is being blocked from fully connecting, presumably because of server side restrictions. I tried bridging the wifi through my phone's hotspot but got the same result.

    The only tools I have are my phone with a horrible att hotspot connection, two chromebooks, and my switch.

    Is there any way to get around the restrictions? Some sort of tech wizardry or tomfoolery? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Figzer
    [link] [comments]

    Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P9 Lite

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 11:51 AM PST

    Inductive sensor (LJ18A3-8-1-Z/BX NPN NO) seems to be broken

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 10:03 AM PST

    Front End & Back End, where to start?!

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 09:50 AM PST

    Online courses or tutorials?! Please help

    submitted by /u/albanianbitchee
    [link] [comments]

    Old Pc Upgrade help

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 06:23 AM PST

    Hi, I have a dell optiplex 745 and I want to add in a graphics card and more ram, but I'm not too sure what the motherboard supports. Can someone help me find out the limit for ram and a the best compatible gpu?

    submitted by /u/A-Dyno-Nugget
    [link] [comments]

    Online site for acces my home pc at work?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 05:48 AM PST

    Hi. I use this laptop at my work, but I'm not allowed to download anything or install any software on it. So is there any site where I can get access to my home pc. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Nuxxxinho
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment