• Breaking News

    Friday, February 14, 2020

    Tech Support - What areas of technology are currently in their infancy?

    Tech Support - What areas of technology are currently in their infancy?


    What areas of technology are currently in their infancy?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 05:39 PM PST

    I've come to find that I quite enjoy books stories, shows and film about and set around technology pioneers - for example iWoz, Halt and Catch Fire, Bandersnatch, Mythic Quest Episode Dark Quiet Death, Steve Jobs (movie), etc etc.

    It lead me to ponder what corners of the industry are currently in the infancy phase that these stories describe? I feel as though web 2.0/app developers, OEMs, game designers, etc are working in an industry that is quite mature and established.

    Who are (or will be) the tech pioneers of the 2020's?

    submitted by /u/consultingeyedraven
    [link] [comments]

    How come my friend's iPhone SE is still not liquid damaged or cracked even though he doesn't take nearly as good of care of it as I do with my iPhones and iPhones are easily cracked or liquid damaged?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 03:52 AM PST

    How come my friend's iPhone SE is still not liquid damaged or cracked even though he doesn't take nearly as good of care of it as I do with my iPhones and iPhones are easily cracked or liquid damaged?

    submitted by /u/plabzjckeks
    [link] [comments]

    I intend to clone a less than full 1tb drive to a 2tb drive and I could use some pointers

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 03:58 PM PST

    I'm preparing to clone a 1tb drive (as I said) to a 2tb in order to 'pick up where I left off'.

    In terms of hardware I have a HDD dock with inserts for 2 drives. The front is IDE and the rear is modern SATA. Today I bought an IDE to SATA adaptor (https://www.ebay.de/itm/273953337362).

    Will the final process be as clean as plugging both drives in, installing the appropriate software and pressing go? Will the 2tb contain a 1tb partition I'll need to expand? Does this need to run through a PC with more than a TB of space?

    Thank you community of techies, I appreciate your help

    submitted by /u/sakamdi
    [link] [comments]

    Router monitoring.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 10:08 PM PST

    Hey I'm really new to Reddit (literally made an account to post this,) so I have a question about internet and router monitoring. I was talking to my brother and he mentioned something about how he can access the router and monitor and see everything everyone does(if they are connected to our modem), and he also mentioned this includes calls, texts,browsing... pretty much anything I can think of. I wanted to know if this is really possible and if so could you guys give me some more information about how it works and how to stop it.

    submitted by /u/bedora
    [link] [comments]

    clone current hd to nvme, start machine with new nvme

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 07:56 PM PST

    so my theory is to clone the current hd to the new nvme.
    physically install the nvme
    set bios startup disk to the new nvme.

    is it that clear cut or am i missing something?

    cos i did exactly that and it messed up my laptop. :(

    submitted by /u/epicfu
    [link] [comments]

    Macros, TextExpander, or what??

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 05:22 PM PST

    I'm really needing a hand with this one. I have some medical patients that do blood work for certain markers. For instance, if they have high cholesterol, I copy and paste some recommendations. If cholesterol is low, they get a different pasted recommendation. Sometimes, cholesterol won't even be listed on their report, so I won't need those recommendations at all.

    What would be a good way to go through their labs and quickly paste the recommendations based on their conditions? We are currently doing it fully manually and it's a huge time suck. I've just started to look at text expanders and those can provide a bit more automation, but I'm still looking for something more. Maybe a custom form with just check boxes for if a condition is listed, or low, or high, etc. and behind the form with checkboxes it can autofill a word doc with my recommendations. HELP!!??!

    submitted by /u/internetowner
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on what budget-friendly tablet to get.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 05:15 PM PST

    I mostly want to use the tablet for watching movies and playing games when at home. Should I get an android, iPad or another brand?

    submitted by /u/ZachWritesStuff
    [link] [comments]

    Declining Laptop

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 10:55 AM PST

    So I got my Acer Spin 3 around 4 years ago for college, and I used to be able to run games like League of Legends and other less demanding games at max graphics settings with around 60-80 FPS. However, recently I have had to set my settings to the bare minimum settings and I still only get 40-70 with frame drops that drop me down to 0-15... I have tried uninstalling things I don't need off my computer and deleting old files that I don't use. For example, If I run discord and league of legends at the same time, I sit at 70-80% cpu usage, and If I open task manager to close one or the other it goes to 100%.

    Is there anything I can do to restore it to its old glory?

    submitted by /u/OLSENx
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking (USB) Cable Spooler / Winder to Quickly Hide Dash Cam in Center Console

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 10:39 AM PST

    Hey folks!

    I put my dash cam up on a magnet adhered to my rear view mirror every time I drive. Then, I awkwardly stuff the cable and camera into my center console whenever I park. I'd like to be able to quickly retract the cable into my center console and quickly pull it out again later.

    I see various cable winders out there, but none seem perfect for the task. Can anyone recommend a solution?

    PS - I haven't done a hidden routing of my cable as I don't want a keen eye and curious mind here in San Francisco to investigate what that little MicroUSB connector is doing hanging out of the trim.

    submitted by /u/brbposting
    [link] [comments]

    This may not be the right place? I'm looking into some 4chan posts and several have a quoted (replied to) link that has a line through it and won't let me see what it used to say. Is there any way to find it?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 12:10 PM PST

    Before I get hated on too much, I'm doing a story on 4chan and am a total normie. Is there any way to pull up what has, I guess, been deleted? [Heres a link to a thread in question](http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/242834342/4chan#p242836628) . About a quarter of the way down there is this ( >>242835933 ) referenced post number that is a dead link. Thank you for any help!

    submitted by /u/YoloPudding
    [link] [comments]

    Which one is better RAM or SSD

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 03:39 PM PST

    I have a MSI Ps63 with 16 GB RAM and 512 GB SSD. I use it for my school work and I play games on it. I want to upgrade it but I can upgrade only one of them. Which one can speed up my laptop and improve my gaming experience. Any insight will help thanks.

    submitted by /u/Nyv3X
    [link] [comments]

    What to do for faster downloading speeds?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 11:17 AM PST

    Sup redditors,

    I live in Belgium and one of the internet providers here is Telenet. We are currently using the most expensive option which would give us download speeds for up to 300Mbps. There's also an extra option to deliver up to 1Gbps but im not using that.

    Any way.. im only getting 1Mbps download speed max, if I try to watch anything on Youtube while downloading my Youtube would just not buffer. So Im clueless here on what to do any more.

    The modem we are using is one from Telenet themselves so I doubt that that's the problem. We are using a very old router/powerline whatever the fuck it is, I dont even know anymore. And that router is connected through ethernet cable straight to my desktop.

    I don't know what the problem here is and when calling with Telenet for some reason most of them are just a bunch of doofus's who have no idea either. One told me to get a new powerline, the other told me to get a new modem. GG Telenet, great help.

    So Reddit.. what the hell is causing my slow download speeds here? The speed of the net itself is really fast, opening a browser takes no more than half a sec, but the download speed which should be somewhere near 300Mbps but in theory is less than 1Mbps.

    Does this mean I need to get a new router? Or powerline? Im so dead ass confused.

    EDIT: My PC is not the problem, it's pretty beefy.

    submitted by /u/JustNotCaring
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an website or software where i can root my samsung tizen smart tv?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:44 AM PST

    Searching affordable 5G router

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:41 AM PST

    I'm searching for a fast 4/5G router but I prefer not to pay more than necessary

    submitted by /u/makitos666
    [link] [comments]

    HP laptop internet

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:26 AM PST

    So, I've had my HP laptop since Christmas, and have never plugged it into an Ethernet cable (because I don't have one), and now, it won't let me connect to the internet and it is saying I NEED to plug in an Ethernet cable...

    Does anyone know why I need one all of the sudden, and how I can fix the issue without having an Ethernet cable??

    submitted by /u/amend-report17
    [link] [comments]

    Someone unplugged an aux cord and now the whole sound system is broken

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 06:20 AM PST

    At my business we have 3 amps hooked up to a tablet that plays music all around the building, about a week ago someone thought it would be good to take the aux cord and never return it, we got a new aux cord and plugged it in but now only 1/3 amps are working, we aren't entirely sure this is where the aux cord should be plugged in. Please help (also idk how to post pictures so dm me for photos of the amps and such)

    submitted by /u/Alan_Wake707
    [link] [comments]

    LG B8 private listening with wired headphones to Bluetooth

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 05:22 AM PST

    So I own an LG B8 but I want to output the audio to my wired headphones the 3.5 mm jack isn't long enough so I was thinking I could get it to wireless connect to my phone and I could just plug my headphones into my phone. but I can't see any way to do that.

    I can't seem to find an adapter that would make me able to connect my headset to a box that's connected to my tv with Bluetooth as an example my phone if possible

    submitted by /u/danilkp1234
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment