• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 25, 2020

    Tech Support - Looking For a Program With Specific Functions

    Tech Support - Looking For a Program With Specific Functions


    Looking For a Program With Specific Functions

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 09:46 PM PST

    I'm creating a preflight checklist for a UAS as a project for my college course. I want it so that the checklist exists as a document that has each step as a link that can be clicked on. each link would not lead to an external website, but would cause window or bubble within the document to expand that could display text,picture, and potentially a video related to each step in the checklist. Any information on programs, websites, or forums where I could find this information would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/jiggle_muffins
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to put an iPhone 4s internals into an original iPhone 2g case?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 03:16 PM PST

    Does anyone know if it's technically possible without being a complete failure before I go ahead and try it anyway?

    submitted by /u/IsleofManNoLimit
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! Update shut down fix?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 04:02 PM PST

    So, a while back in class I was on my laptop- hp, windows 10. It forced an update and I had to switch classes so I was forced to shut the laptop. Ever since it would never boot up. Anyone got a fix for this?? I would really, really appreciate it!!

    submitted by /u/Zolad4562
    [link] [comments]

    What internet types (Cable, DSL, FTTN, Etc) do not "fluctuate" when other people are using the main lines?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 12:31 AM PST

    Hello, I live in an apartment and have Cable internet (300mb/s) but it fluctuates a lot (goes from normal to frozen and back again randomly) and I read that it is a problem with cable.

    If too many people in the same building are using cable internet at the same time it slows down (I think, I'm pretty sure about it but I'm not an expert) and I would like to know what other types of internet does not do that, I believe DSL is a good bet but I am not sure if that is the only option.

    I ask because I am looking into switching to a DSL internet provider, but I want to make sure that it doesn't fluctuate like cable before I spend money on the activation fees and such, and if DSL does fluctuate, if there are any other alternatives to cable internet I could look into.

    Apologies if this question has been asked before, or if this is not the place to ask.

    submitted by /u/Saucy_Bagel
    [link] [comments]

    Is school really necessary with access to the world wide web?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 12:18 AM PST

    Is it possible to learn anything and everything we want to learn online? All the books that hold all the education that all the teachers have access to are online SOMEWHERE. Like most things on the internet, if you really dig you will find. Just a thought

    submitted by /u/ghostofbaalbek
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to buy/build a computer that does not include Chinese-made hardware?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 11:37 AM PST

    As of recent, I find it more and more morally objectionable to keep buying Chinese-made hardware. Companies won't stop supporting what happens there as long as it is profitable.

    So is it possible to buy/build a PC that keeps this to an absolute minimum without me having to create my own semiconductor company?

    submitted by /u/mtesseract
    [link] [comments]

    What is the ARPANET?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 01:57 PM PST

    I'm not sure if this is the right sub but can someone explain me how the ARPANET works? The things I find online don't really give me a clear explanation.

    submitted by /u/River824
    [link] [comments]

    What wires are in what usbs

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 03:19 PM PST

    Basically what i am trying to figure out is i need a usb cable with red green white and black wires and all my usbs are just red green and white. Is there any specific usb cable has has all four?

    submitted by /u/CraiggerG
    [link] [comments]

    Is there aa way to plug 4 SATA HDDs into one SATA port? Does something like a USB-Hub exist for SATA?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 02:53 PM PST

    Dell Inspiron 15 5100

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 01:08 PM PST

    What's a good replacement hard drive for this laptop? Nothing fancy

    submitted by /u/eric_teh_swift
    [link] [comments]

    Earbuds disguise

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 06:55 PM PST

    Hi all, I was wondering if it could be possible to buy one pair of earbuds and figure out a way for them to be recognized by a different app. I purchased "Earfun" earbuds and sadly they don't have a transparency mode or a setting that uses the mics in order to hear the world around me. Could it be possible to use these earbuds in the Samsung wearable app? Or any other app in disguise?

    submitted by /u/Neilman1897
    [link] [comments]

    unknown chip

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 10:41 AM PST

    i found this chip in a busted power supply i got interested in what it does but i cant find anything on except who made it
    it i may just be me being stupid its a Fairchild Semiconductor chip
    line1 AE07AA
    line2 SG6 105
    line3 DZB
    here is a image of it https://i.imgur.com/lXL357y.jpg

    submitted by /u/emlo_the_weebler
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to hack into a iPhone 5 if you don't have the password?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 07:23 AM PST

    Hi

    Long story short: My dad committed suicide about 4 months ago. He didn't leave a note, and it was very unexpected. Everyone in the family is feeling pretty depressed about it, and some of it is about wanting answers and clarity.

    He left behind his iPhone 5 (I think it's a 5, at least). But we don't have the password. Even if there aren't any answers on there, we still would very much like to recover the photos and videos on there for sentimental reasons.

    So, reddit, is there any way for me to get into that iPhone? :/

    Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

    submitted by /u/Manzen_Boy
    [link] [comments]

    How does digital watch screen works?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 12:58 PM PST

    If it emit light why I can easily see it when there's light but not in dark?(which is the opposite of what happen with light. This is the example of watch screen that is made out of light yet unviewable in the dark )

    submitted by /u/Mr_Friday91
    [link] [comments]

    I need a solution for recording and playing audio files for my elderly grandfather

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 12:26 PM PST

    My grandfather is in hospice care several hours away from me, and unable to hold up the phone for more than a few minutes at a time. He also struggles with his laptop, and really isn't able to navigate it. I am not able to be with him in person, and I would like to be able to record myself reading him his favorite books, send them to him, and have him be able to listen to them in the easiest and most independent way possible. I am looking at audio recorders, but feeling very lost. I'd like to send the files digitally if at all possible, but am willing to send tapes. Does anyone have any clever ideas? I really appreciate your help!

    submitted by /u/elves86
    [link] [comments]

    $$ for human lies, or pragmatic harm-reduction?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 04:10 PM PST

    RECENT Vice publication explaining Big Tech censorship:

    https://www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/8xmg3z/tech-companies-transparency-efforts-may-be-inadvertently-causing-more-censorship

    2/23/20

    1.) new "hospital" in Wuhan, with plenty of capacity for..

    https://twitter.com/ischinar/status/1231633135936339974?s=21

    2.) Nurses in Wuhan were MANDATED to shave their heads, and the requirement was spun by the CCP as nurse's solidarity with, and commitment to the afflicted.

    https://youtu.be/l6rqzLi1p8Q

    3.) Chinese people forced into quarantine:

    https://youtu.be/bsHcntP6nJk

    4.) A young woman in Wuhan brutally detained for not wearing a mask (of which there is an express shortage).

    https://youtu.be/ttVpVoH3XaU

    5.) More CCP brutality:

    https://twitter.com/fangshimin/status/1231474286054932480?s=21

    6.) Desperate times... (remember, people do not have enough food, and covid + quarantine trauma clearly deteriorate mental stability and even culpability).

    https://twitter.com/fangshimin/status/1231474286054932480?s=21

    submitted by /u/inactivated_user
    [link] [comments]

    Network eating virus?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 08:13 AM PST

    So I have been struggling with this for a while now, allegedly have 1000Mbps(up and down) connection but I have been noticing that the download speed usually drops to a stable 100mbps(up and down) until I pull my internet cable out then plug it back in. I also have random 300ms ping spikes every now and then and sometimes the ping becomes shitty for like 10 seconds before returning to normal. Could this be some sort of malware?

    Also, other computers in the house get around 700 down and up speed usually, also sometimes only the down speed is 100 and the up is 700.

    But the random 10 second ping fuck ups are really annoying, much more so then the down and up drops, thankfully I don't play competitive games but it can screw up the GeForce NOW quite a bit.

    Any ideas what could the problem be?

    submitted by /u/Reppeti
    [link] [comments]

    Can i take my iPhone 7 into the shower

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 03:38 PM PST

    Just wondering because i can't seem to get a straight answer online

    submitted by /u/SamnIT7
    [link] [comments]

    A cheaper alternative to the ipod touch for my friend?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 10:11 AM PST

    I wanted to buy an ipod touch, but the cheapest one is around $200. It's fine, but can you suggest me some cheaper alternatives?

    Requirements:

    • must connect to wifi
    • must be free (all that needs to do is connect to the home wifi network)
    • must be simple to use

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/burnmealivepls
    [link] [comments]

    Why do home rice cookers lack turn off buttons? Or automatic off functions used in toasters?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 05:42 AM PST

    Very annoying to have to pull the plug out every time.

    submitted by /u/Tezukaist
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment