• Breaking News

    Friday, January 3, 2020

    Tech Support - WD Drive not being Recognized in BIOS

    Tech Support - WD Drive not being Recognized in BIOS


    WD Drive not being Recognized in BIOS

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 07:18 PM PST

    So, I received a WD 3TB Green drive a few weeks ago. I'm a video editor, so I really need the space.

    When I tried to put the drive into my computer, it didn't recognize it whatsoever. I went into the Windows Partitions and the BIOS and nothing was recognized.

    Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it? I'll link the drive at the end of the post.

    https://www.newegg.com/amp/p/N82E16822136874

    submitted by /u/Alphaem_00
    [link] [comments]

    Question about data sharing settings (*technology pleb*)

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 06:50 PM PST

    I've recently got curious and then alarmed about my data settings. I know that I'm way, way late on the game, but I wanted to ask about ways I can prevent my data from being shared and sold.

    I know that deleting Facebook would be the best solution, but for certain reasons (it's my main messaging app and contacts for groups I'm in) I have decided to keep it. Instead I have looked at my privacy settings and clicked "not allowed" for all of them. I also adjusted my social network settings so nothing is public except my job history.

    Lastly, I was looking at Opting out of data sharing (again I'm sorry if I'm not using the correct terminology) and found the following websites that had a "Opt-out-all" function:

    Can someone explain how these services work and if they''re truly effective in mitigating the sharing of my online data? Also, is there a useful online primer/copypasta that I can share to friends to get them to opt out as well?

    submitted by /u/AugustusPompeianus
    [link] [comments]

    Question about electric vehicle batteries and long term cost

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 11:23 PM PST

    Do batteries take in the same amount of electricity no matter how much it degrades? If I own an electric vehicle for example with no battery wear and it costs $2 to go 60 miles and then a year later the battery degrades 50% would this mean I'm still paying $2 in electricity for 60 miles or would I pay half electricity for $1 for 30 miles?

    submitted by /u/Alec____
    [link] [comments]

    Not working XMP on Ryzen 7 2700x

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 01:59 AM PST

    Hello everyone! Need help...

    Two weeks ago I built a PC and found out I can't run XMP Profile.

    I've read a lot of information on forums, and everyone tell I need to change timings (CL). But no matter how much I tried it I can't do this. Maybe someone know how to do this?

    CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x

    Motherboard - MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

    RAM - Corsair 2x16, 3200Mhz, CL16-18-18-36, 1.35V, XMP 2.0 (CMW32GX4M2C3200C16)

    Power Supply - Corsair RM550x (550W)

    I already reset BIOS to default, few times. Base RAM timing 15-15-15-36 on frequency 2133Mhz (SPD).

    By XMP "Profile 1" boost RAM only to 2933Mhz (Support frequency), by "Memory try it!" boost to 3033Mhz.

    Any other frequency don't let to start system, so I have to reset CMOS.

    As I change a frequency, CPU cooler change RPM and start to make noise. I can't change RPM because after restarting system RPM return back to default.

    On frequency 2133Mhz work stably without problem. On frequency 2933Mhz CPU cooler make noise and today was BSOD.

    What do you advise: to keep frequency on 2133Mhz or there is some solution for boosting RAM to base frequency 3200Mhz?

    submitted by /u/Deathbourneoff
    [link] [comments]

    Why is it that when you go to the app viewer on an iPhone, it can show images from months prior?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 10:12 PM PST

    When you double tap the home button on an iPhone, it shows you all apps that are currently open. Sometimes I can be browsing and do that, but instead of showing the page I was on, it shows one from months prior. The same thing can happen with apps like Netflix, showing a shot of a show I watched months, or even over a year ago. Why are these images still even saved and why does it display them instead of what was actually displaying?

    submitted by /u/About61Lemurs
    [link] [comments]

    How should I get rid of my old PC?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 01:36 AM PST

    Dell Inspiron 24 model 3455 wont let me install/boot Windows 10.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 07:09 PM PST

    I had to turn safeboot off to get it to read the USB drive I was installing Windows 19 from. It went through the process and needed to restart, now it's hanging on a black screen when I try to boot into the freshly created windows install. Any advice? I can provide more info if it's needed.

    submitted by /u/ReddiEddy78
    [link] [comments]

    Can you be easily tracked via an email?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 09:02 PM PST

    If I send an email, can it be easily tracked using a gmail account? (IP address attached, etc)

    I am sure if you go far enough you can track down the IP but is there any easy way to track down any personal data/ip from an email.

    submitted by /u/chook100
    [link] [comments]

    Good stuff, but still low FPS!

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 09:44 PM PST

    Idk if this is the right place to put this, but I'll try.

    I just got this refurbished desktop with 16GB RAM, with my processor clocking at 3.20 GHz. Though when I try to use Source Filmmaker or the likes, the FPS reaches 8 fps. I'm not sure what could cause this, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

    submitted by /u/Bizarely27
    [link] [comments]

    How were dancing toys or talking parrots were made in 1990s?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 09:19 PM PST

    From Programming perspective, technology today made it really easy to make those things but I wonder how they made it in early days?

    submitted by /u/ImAqeel
    [link] [comments]

    Do they make a Bluetooth Busy Light?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 11:09 AM PST

    I am on my smartphone all day and use a blue tooth headset for calls and am looking for a solution for either my phone to light up when and during when I'm on a call. I know there are busy lights on Amazon but none of them seem to be geared to a blue tooth smartphone scenario. Do you have any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/FredMc
    [link] [comments]

    RCA Cable Speakers

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 12:32 PM PST

    Hey I managed to get my pair of old RCA Cable speakers connected to my phone by converting the cable into an AV2 and then into an Aux. The volume is kind of quiet, does anyone know a quick fix for that? Or do i have to buy another AV2 cable and an amplifier?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/pemulek
    [link] [comments]

    Help me guess this weird piece of tech

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 06:11 PM PST

    I see a box of facial tissues at this person's table, and I notice that one side of the box has a red colored LED light blinking every couple of seconds.

    Sometime later I ask him what's with it and he says it's something like an anti theft system for the facial tissues.

    I feel he's being sarcastic about it, cos I don't see a point in having an anti theft system for a box of tissues.

    Am curious to know what weird things it could be.

    submitted by /u/bazz-inga
    [link] [comments]

    My monitor flickered and smelled like burning. Should I try to replace the power board? Pics included.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 05:48 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/0ewJvxy

    The monitor is a T260HD. It's old, but it still has a function for me. I can buy a new power board on ebay, but I wanted to see if someone with more expertise than me thinks there's any reason to try.

    Are any of these caps bad? Does anything make you think this board is the culprit? It does seem like the smell is coming from this piece, though I can't say for sure.

    submitted by /u/GrumpyAdultman
    [link] [comments]

    Help understanding some information

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 12:43 PM PST

    I bought a new PC with a Ryzen 3800x. My task manager performan ce tab is showing a clock speed of 4.3ghz. Is this information accurate?

    submitted by /u/Lazaro21
    [link] [comments]

    Help Me Decide How to Spend My Birthday Money!

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 05:01 AM PST

    Hi there! I am having a birthday in 2 days and I'm getting ~150$ in cash (I live in Israel, so it's exactly 500 NIS). Now, I can't decide what to buy... I am a programmer and a big tech savvy like you guys but I just can't decide. Here are the choices I considered:

    1) New PC: I have a processor straight from 2014 (Intel Core i7 4790. It is not overclockable, it's much worse than a more modern CPU and the RAM it supports is only DDR3. Yes, I did not stutter.). I have a GTX 1060, 12GB of DDR3 RAM, 128GB boot SSD + 1TB WD Blue HDD, all connected to a poor, express-chipset, ASUS H97M-E Motherboard. What I'm planning to upgrade to is a Ryzen 2 2600 and a ASUS ROG Motherboard. No idea about GPU upgrade or storage upgrade and 16GB of DDR4 2666 Mhz RAM. I am also planning to Hackintosh this one.

    2) Better flight-simulation controller: I am a flightsim enthusiast as well, and I've been having the Logitech EXTREME 3D Pro (cheesy name ik kek). I really want a yoke but these cost a metric ton of money. I haven't REALLY considered this option, but it came to my mind.

    3) I also considered getting an iPad for digital notebooks for highschool but these are a bit expensive and I haven't really thought about this.

    What are your thoughts? If you want to suggest other things I should buy, just note this:

    1) I am in NO need for headphones. I already have a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M30x and Sony WH-1000XM3 ANC headphones.

    2) I am in NO need for a new phone, I have an iPhone 8 that I just got secondhand. Thoroughly enjoy it.

    3) I am in NO need for a new keyboard or mouse.

    Thank you and have a nice day!

    submitted by /u/OmerFlame
    [link] [comments]

    What's the modern day equivalent to x series Thinkpads.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 03:16 PM PST

    I know they're still making thinkpads but they don't have hot-swap batteries and they're not as thick.

    submitted by /u/GoogleBabies
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6 battery replacement recommendations

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 01:21 PM PST

    I bought a Yontex 2050mAh battery in May to replace my old battery on Amazon and it has already degraded significantly in overall battery life. Pretty much from the gate is was underwhelming but I was too lazy to buy another, initiate a refund and break down my phone again. Can anyone recommend a good brand/battery for my next replacement? I don't do this enough to have a working knowledge of which brands are trustworthy. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Frankplane
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a voice command software that does not collect your data to sell?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 06:33 AM PST

    Is there a voice command software similar to Dragon/Siri, Alexa, or Cortana that I can install on Windows or Linux? I want to start using a voice assistant on my PC, but at the same time I am trying to reduce and eventually eliminate the collection and sale of my personal data.

    Customizability is a BIG++++

    submitted by /u/koolhaddi
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] Working power banks not charging?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 06:27 AM PST

    So,

    A friend just gave me 2 different power banks. I charged them (charging works fine, they both have 4 dots indicating the cells once they're fully charged) and one of them has a "flashlight" function, and they both have 4 leds to indicate the charge. I both took them and plugged in my phone, but it didn't charge.

    The power banks (they're 2 completly different ones), seem to just "crash" when you plug in an usb and connect it to a device.

    Now here's something I've tried: I took the one with the flashlight, turned the flashlight on, and once I put the USB port in my phone, the flashlight turns off, once I pull the power-bank out it works again. The other power-bank is the same, I connect the USB to a device and it stops illuminating the charge indicating lights.

    I think this is weird, as I am convinced that both are full of charge (the flashlight works, the indicator also shows full in both) and this friend told me that they worked perfectly fine when he used it. Am I able to save these power-banks? I mean... they're useful... Anyways, thank you for reading this.

    The one without the flashlight: https://prnt.sc/qih5ck

    The one with the flashlight: https://prnt.sc/qih5vp

    They do charge my airpods, but as soon as the light goes off it stops charging, this seems to be the issue! It somehow turns off itself... It's as if the on button doesnt stay on...

    submitted by /u/DutchPilot2
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a powerbank with QC/PD and Apple device support?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 06:03 AM PST

    I looked a around and powerbanks either support Qualcomm QuickCharge (and some USB PD - Power Delivery) or Apple devices.

    It seems like two different worlds. If a product supports QC, the Apple devices are not mentioned at all in the specs. On the other had, powerbanks that support Apple devices (iPhones, iPads...) - they list them by name - , almost never support QC (or PD).

    Why is that?

    Until now I only found one exception, the Anker A1266 , which supports Apple devices and also has QC3.0 (but no USB PD, at least it is not mentioned in the specs).

    submitted by /u/xerces8
    [link] [comments]

    cod MW won't install

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 09:38 AM PST

    i have purcased call of duty modern warfare on the blizard.net site and it is now on the 'Call of Duty: MW Instialtion' window and when i click 'start insilation' it doesnt. does anyone have a fix and or a solution. I'm not a boomer, i swear.

    submitted by /u/lolbit1993
    [link] [comments]

    Does reading from a USB mean that your SSD will not be written to?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 09:08 AM PST

    I use a USB to store my videos because I don't want to right to my SSD. I was wondering if this actually helps, does storing video on a flash drive and reading it straight from that skip writing to the main drive?

    submitted by /u/iamweirdasfuck
    [link] [comments]

    RSS QUERY. Please help.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 06:47 AM PST

    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask such a question.

    I want to find a way of having prices updated across different sports betting markets in one place. Do I just require an RSS feed from each website? I don't really know where to start and I hope my question is easily understood.

    I guess I'm asking, how do odds matching companies or arbitrage companies feed all those prices from different bookmakers into one page of a website that you can then filter? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/DrAubergineLady
    [link] [comments]

    Question about purchasing tech from pine.best webpage

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 06:39 AM PST

    I saw an add, while scrolling through facebook, for a 2080ti massively discounted (90%) from a website called pine.best. I checked other deals as well and saw a ton of stuff like a star wars lego set also massively discounted. Is this a real site or just a, hey thanks for the cc info cya nerd kind of thing?

    submitted by /u/ChibiDarkrunner
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment