• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 22, 2020

    Tech Support - Thief stole my car and connected his phone via Bluetooth...could the police track him this way?

    Tech Support - Thief stole my car and connected his phone via Bluetooth...could the police track him this way?


    Thief stole my car and connected his phone via Bluetooth...could the police track him this way?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 08:26 PM PST

    I just recovered my car and, on the way home from the station, noticed my phone didn't connect to the Bluetooth anymore. When I turned on the pairing screen, there was only the name "MOTO G7 PLAY", which is a type of phone that doesn't belong to any of my friends or family.

    Even if there isn't a name attached, is there any data saved in my car that the police could use to track the thief? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Wellmeaninglaowai
    [link] [comments]

    Why does PC-100 and PC-133 RAM refer to the clock speed in MHz (i.e. 100 and 133 MHz), but for DDR RAM, the PC rating refers to the bandwidth in MB/s? (e.g. PC-1600 at 1600 MB/s)

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 12:52 AM PST

    Just weird historical reasons?

    submitted by /u/_-Thoth-_
    [link] [comments]

    How can I make my phone battery last as long as it can?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 03:19 AM PST

    Context is important here: I just bought a brand new phone (Redmi Note 8 Pro) because my old one (LG Q6+) would require 2-3 charges a day to function. I had the habit of leaving charging overnight, and I think that this somehow compromised the battery. I know that they say that nowadays battery doesn't wear out from over/under charging as it used to, but still, the LG lasted about 1.5 years with me, and I want this new one to last at least 3 years. What habits can I take to ensure that the battery stays good/usable for that amount of time?

    (And yes, I stopped charging overnight. I just want to kow if there's anything more I can do)

    submitted by /u/_good_bot_
    [link] [comments]

    Deleted all my files in the terminal with ”rm clean -f -d”

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 09:13 PM PST

    Would there be a way for me to retrieve my Home folder and all the files that were in it?

    I was using Git for a project and was trying to transfer over my current work onto Github. I didn't know until after, but I accidentally initialized a repository on my Home folder. Then, while in the terminal, I used, "git status" and it gave me a result of a list of files that we're marked red. Not crossing my mind, I looked up how to delete those files and found, "rm clean -f -d" which I thought would only clear that status. Apparently, after executing the command it was loading a bunch of files inside the terminal and after it was complete. It was at that moment where I realized that I just wiped all of my folders and files and can't get them back.

    In addition to that. I was logged out of my Apple ID. When I re-input the correct user name a password, it gives me a prompt message of:

    "Keychain 'login' cannot be found to store 'email@gmail.com' -- "Your keychain may have been removed, deleted, or it's on an unmounted volume"

    It then gives me the option to, cancel, or Reset to Default. When I click on Reset to Default, it doesn't do anything.

    How would I be able to retrieve my files/folder and sign back onto my MacBook using the Apple ID?

    submitted by /u/qwesone
    [link] [comments]

    What determines the internet speed in a country?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 02:30 AM PST

    I am curious, having traveled to different parts of the world, why is Internet slow in some places in Asia or Africa and Latin America compared to Europe and North America?

    What specifically is it, that determines the speed of the internet by nation? Is there any reasonable business opportunity to maybe setup a business with fast internet in these regions, or is it cost prohibitive to bring fast internet there?

    submitted by /u/White_Mlungu_Capital
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use an USB WiFi adapter on my PC with a hotspot from my phone?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 02:23 AM PST

    I don't know much about PCs and phones, I have a backup Vodafone modem, but I want to get rid of it. Can I buy one of those WiFi adapters to plug it in my PC in order to have internet access from my 4G phone hotspot?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/andrei11111
    [link] [comments]

    Repair current phone or buy new?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 01:02 AM PST

    My Samsung Note 9's display has started flickering as a result of the cracks in the screen, basically meaning I have to repair it now. Having looked it up, the prices for a screen change are rather steep, 250 euros at the cheapest. I also have an option to just buy a new phone on contract, for which my employer would pay ~13 euros per month, leaving me with approx. 20-25 euros for myself if I am looking towards a high-end phone, such as my current one. Since my current phone is approx. 1.5 years old, I am unsure what to do, purely money wise it's worth repairing, however it might turn out that it starts failing other aspects/getting slower. Any advice?

    Edit: the per month prices are of a 24 month contract. The phone is mine after it ends.

    submitted by /u/DavisBerstan
    [link] [comments]

    about muting in twitter

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 10:51 PM PST

    If I mute person X in Twitter, will I see the message that person Y may RETWEET from X? (I'm following person Y of course)

    submitted by /u/Wide-Clue
    [link] [comments]

    Recovering files from external hard drive

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 06:48 PM PST

    I have a 500gb external that was for my Mac. I reformatted it for a PC years ago. Reformatted it for a Mac again. Can I recover the original data from years ago or is the data non recoverable?

    submitted by /u/ChocolateGidddyyup
    [link] [comments]

    Deploying windows 10 images

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 06:53 AM PST

    I was wondering what the best way to create custom windows 10 images for client would be? The idea is we create a customized image and then deploy them to client machines. The trick is, we have a bunch of different clients and the images all need to be tweaked for the different deployments.

    Is there a easy way to accomplish this?

    submitted by /u/xxDrunexxx
    [link] [comments]

    why in the year 2020 we still don't have a panic button to shut down all non windows programs running?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 11:43 AM PST

    the reason a computer freezes is either explorer died, and then you shut it down and run it again through end task. or there is a program that once closed the computer is fine again. yet you can't do anything to achieve these results. alt ctr del should be the number 1 priority of any system on my windows. the moment I press these 3 every program should go down in priority, yet it doesn't always work (incase a screen went black or a game has a memory leak - sometimes.)

    and this what kills me with windows, not that I know if Linux or whatever are better. for example let's say I'm playing an old game that doesn't play nice with dual monitors. I know that my pc is running fine, it's just that the game made both monitors dark (I can hear the movie I was watching keeps going and so is the music from the game). so in my mind pressing alt ctr del or esc should open that task manager no matter what. it's like having a memory leak and trying to close that program (mostly games) that is running but you can't because your pc is using all the ram (this should never happen yet it does)

    maybe I'm the idiot here, maybe there is a "fuck everything let me close all the programs" button in windows 7/10 that I simply never knew about. and don't get me wrong, I got an ssd so a restart is fast, it just insane to me that a computer can still freeze/black out by a small program running...

    is there a program that I can download that fixes but Microsoft refuses to give us? because these black outs and freezes for me at least (when they happen once a year and not because of dust or bad hardware) are never caused by important windows programs. so having a button for "close anything that isn't important for windows to function" is very important.

    submitted by /u/WhitePanda24
    [link] [comments]

    Chromebook Navegate Anonimously

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 01:38 PM PST

    Hello, recently I've purchased a chromebook to work in my high school, but the school has full acces to my history and account, so my cuestion here is if there's any way to navegate anonimously in my account (they blocked the incognito mode and I can't delete my historial)? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Zellius_01
    [link] [comments]

    My phone doesn't wanna take new files

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 10:12 AM PST

    I'm running Windows 10 on my computer and for the past 6+ months everytime I try to add more music to my phone's SD card it'll act like it worked but I'll check the phone for the files and they won't be there even if I plug back into the computer the files won't be there. I've got a lot of space on the card too

    submitted by /u/rustycherry
    [link] [comments]

    Google Chrome Search Sync

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 08:27 AM PST

    Hi, This weekend I made google searches on my personal phone, which was logged into my chrome/gmail account. When going into work I noticed that these searches showed up in my google chrome search bar on my work desktop (not the history, just the search bar) since I am logged into my google YouTube account at work. Can my employer see this activity, if I conducted all searches at home within my own network on my personal device, despite chrome being synced?

    submitted by /u/LessStrength4
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best wireless router fr under £50?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 08:19 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment