• Breaking News

    Monday, January 13, 2020

    Tech Support - data brokers behaviour

    Tech Support - data brokers behaviour


    data brokers behaviour

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:46 AM PST

    Hey all,

    I'm trying to find out the "standard" behaviour of data brokers for a research of mine. my main point to understand is this:

    Let's say a data broker has data about the population of an entire market (e.g. all airbnb listings in a certain area). Do they usually sell the data in block or i can buy different "chunks" of the dataset (like some information that i find more relevant for my application or stuff like that). I'm trying to find some information online but i'm only finding sites in which you buy the subscription to access the data, not the data itself.

    If you know any other subreddits which could be more in line with the question let me know!

    submitted by /u/ffetpino
    [link] [comments]

    Why do some Facebook articles display the GIF directly, while others post a link?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:56 PM PST

    Wifi Adapter - Will this do what I need?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:07 PM PST

    Sorry, I don't know if this is the right place for this.

    My desktop can only connect to the internet via ethernet, Until recently this has sufficed. I'm planning on hooking my PC up to my TV (Via HDMI) for when I have friends over. unfortunately, my TV isn't anywhere near an ethernet port so I'm looking for a cheapish adapter; it doesn't need to be good just enough to play in online mode (not online multiplayer) and I was wondering if this was the kind of thing I'd be looking for.

    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nano-USB-Wireless-N-802-11n-Mini-WiFi-N-Network-Adaptor-Dongle-for-PC-Laptop-/133232915711?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

    Sorry I'm not super tech-savvy

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Anon_ee-Moose
    [link] [comments]

    Finding a 12v USB to 3/4pin Fan Splitter

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:28 PM PST

    So I'm looking for a USB to 3/4pin fan splitter that allows two PC case fans to be plugged into it and will be able to run both fans at max speed, so both both fans would need to be able to get 12v of power.

    I've done some googling and searching and found a few splitters similar to what I need, however I couldn't find something that confidently said it would output 12v to both fan ports. I'm not super versed on USB power output, so I'm not sure if this is possible for a USB port to give out that much power, if not please just let me know.

    I'm also open to any other suggestions anyone might have to power two 120mm or 140mm fans PC case fans externally without an outlet.

    Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/Sebbysludge
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't Google assistant shuffle a Spotify playlist?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 12:02 AM PST

    It's seriously ridiculous at this point. How can Google translate, listen to your voice, play music, find anything you could possibly need, but it can't shuffle a playlist?

    It just can't.

    I have been across different forums looking for the answer. The top response to every question is a bot on the forum linking the user to the same unanswered question from a year ago. Other users have workarounds that don't work. It's just ridiculous that Google can be at this point and it can't shuffle a simple playlist.

    Is there anything I can do that doesn't involve setting up a Google Routines chain of 30 different commands in German to get Google to shuffle a Spotify playlist without playing the first song?

    submitted by /u/Lumbaxter
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone give me some advise on which to get?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 10:47 AM PST

    I simply can't choose between an android Samsung tab or an iPad??

    I have an android smartphone (S10+) so unsure if I should stick with Android or go for iPad?

    ETA: think I've decided to go for the Samsung S6 Tablet :) Thank you all x

    submitted by /u/NotADoctor25
    [link] [comments]

    How expensive are the OLED screens they use in phones?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 12:47 PM PST

    I was wondering if you could buy the screen separately and use them for Raspberry Pi/Arduino projects. Who would even sell something like this?

    If they're expensive, why? Will prices come down in the coming years?

    Edit: Is there a cost difference between ones you can touch and ones you can't?

    submitted by /u/Pengu_333
    [link] [comments]

    Huawei p30 pro or huawei mate20 pro

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:53 PM PST

    Hey guys so I'm thinking of getting a new phone but I can't decide which one takes better pictures Can you guys give me your suggestions?

    submitted by /u/oldspice_warrior
    [link] [comments]

    Which decent free email services don't require a phone number?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:40 AM PST

    I tried gmail, outlook and yahoo, but they all need a phone number to create an account.

    submitted by /u/lindymad
    [link] [comments]

    What is cheapest smartphone with Ultra Wide Camera?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 02:17 PM PST

    Anyone knows or 1st or oldest ? Maybe cheapest and 2nd would be best for buck.

    submitted by /u/ArcAngel2k
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth for Tablet to Projector?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 01:26 PM PST

    Hi

    So, I recently bought a budget-friendly tablet with the idea that I wont have to lug around a heavy laptop for giving presentations. After some research i decided to buy a Vankyo Matrix Zpad ( I read an article here https://10bestranked.com/tablets-with-hdmi-output/ where it was suggested). Long story short, I made the mistake of not double checking the specs before ordering, and I now know it does not have a USB C / Micro hdmi port.

    Rather than getting a new tablet (the Zpad is actually a really great budget tablet) would you happen to have any suggestions on how I can connect to a projector? I have a Philips Picopix mini projector. I saw that there are bluetooth transmitters available however im not sure if these are capable of transmitting Video also (?)

    thanks!

    submitted by /u/DeskBotMt
    [link] [comments]

    802.11N Mode selection missing?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 01:20 PM PST

    As the title implies the drop down menu for 802.11n mode selection is missing from my wifi adapter settings, if anyone can tell me how I could get it to show that would be very swell.

    submitted by /u/cosyapplesauce
    [link] [comments]

    How can I change my smart TV's OS and general software?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 12:52 PM PST

    My TV is an le50u7970 from AOC and it doesn't have most apps that I would like to use, they simply aren't downloadable and their sites don't work on its browser

    submitted by /u/God_Spaghetti
    [link] [comments]

    URL Shortner with VPN

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:45 AM PST

    Hey everyone, I am using a URL shortner ( shrinkme.io ) to shorten my links to send to my followers, and make a few bucks on the side. However, some followers told me they use VPN, and then I discovered that clicks of people who use VPN are counted and don't show up in the statistics. Is there any VPN my followers can use that the website can't detect. Or is there a way for my followers to click on the links while on VPNs and still have the views counted?

    submitted by /u/ManHustles
    [link] [comments]

    If i bought an unlocked Iphone, hooked it up to AT&T, used it for a year, and am now trying to resell it, is it still unlocked ?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:14 AM PST

    Mac cursor disappear

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:04 AM PST

    I recently got this problem. Whenever i touch the dock the cursor just disappears, I can get it to appear again if I go to the top of the screen and click. If you know the answer please tell me, its bugging me alot.

    submitted by /u/SirMoneeN
    [link] [comments]

    Projector Bluetooth?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 01:13 PM PST

    Hi,

    So I want to connect a tablet to a projector and got a budget-friendly tablet. Long story short I ordered a Matrix Z4 Projector (as it was listed as a good projector with HDMI https://10bestranked.com/tablets-with-hdmi-output/ ) and I stupidly didn't double check whether it came with HDMI - it doesn't.

    So, rather than give the tablet back (which is actually a really great budget tablet) do you know how I can connect a tablet to a projector which has no bluetooth? I saw some bluetooth receivers but I can't understand if these are just for Audio or for HDMI. The reason why I want to use the tablet is for not having to lunk around a heavy laptop to give lectures- I have a Philiphs mini picopix projector and the tablet.

    thanks!

    submitted by /u/DeskBotMt
    [link] [comments]

    Whoopingly slow Ethernet at 190-300KPBS, WiFi at 13-1Mbps

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:05 AM PST

    My Router has a built in WiFi and Ethernet availability I use the Ethernet just for the PC and Wifi with one extender for cellphones and laptops. Ethernet was always relatively slower for some reason at 3Mbps but it didn't really bother me since I rarely download big files anymore, but sadly things have gone unbearable as the Ethernet has dropped to 300 and even 150 Kbps lately and google chrome just runs like a tortoise, while the WiFi is always on 15mbps. What the hell is going on

    submitted by /u/LibertasGR25
    [link] [comments]

    Earbud recommendations

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 06:19 AM PST

    So I'm sick and tired of listening to shitty audio quality on the train. Im not lookin for over-ear headphones because they're too obnoxious and I won't be able to put them in my bag with all my books and lunch for uni.

    Im looking for recommendations with three specifications: 1) good audio quality 2) under $150 AUD 3) MOST IMPORTANTLY: no in-ear/canal phones!!! I have really small ear canals, to the point that my doctors have even remarked on it. No tips or tricks have ever gotten those fuckers to stay in for me. Furthermore, they've caused me physical ear pain, they block the noise of traffic when I'm walking (which is important bc I don't want to get hit by a car), and they are awful for wax blockage, which is something I already get taking fantastic care of my ears due to the aforementioned stupidly small ear canals. I know in-ear gives best audio quality, but I'll settle for something slightly less in exchange for something that doesn't make me actively want to hate music.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/natalyawitha_y
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment