• Breaking News

    Monday, December 9, 2019

    Tech Support - Will my AMD Ryzen 5 2600 bottleneck my RTX2080 in games?

    Tech Support - Will my AMD Ryzen 5 2600 bottleneck my RTX2080 in games?


    Will my AMD Ryzen 5 2600 bottleneck my RTX2080 in games?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 04:10 AM PST

    Free offline database? SQL support for GIS study later?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 03:51 PM PST

    I am wanting a free opensource offline database for networking contacts. Bonus: I want to be able to continue studying GIS for free and run SQL queries. I have used paid GIS software and am hoping to continue learning for free.

    I looked up MySQL and what I read said it's open source but it doesn't seem to be free?

    I'm also wanting this to be offline, as a desktop app. What should I use?

    submitted by /u/chawan_mantis
    [link] [comments]

    Anonfile password dump?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 07:08 PM PST

    Hello,

    I happened to accidentally search my email name in Google, and one of the results was a link to Anonfile with my email and password for an old email address showing up in the relevant text section

    A) I'm sketched to see it so readily available

    B) I'm too nervous about the quality of the site to investigate further

    What is known about this site? Have there been data breaches that have been posted there?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/reverendrambo
    [link] [comments]

    An issue with my PS4 mic

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 08:18 PM PST

    So I have an Astro C40 TR controller. It's wonderful and it's never given me any issues until now. I also use the Astro A50 headset, and again it's been amazing until now. For some reason anytime my controller is on my friends sound extremely distorted. This happens in party chat, as well as game chat. I hooked up a standard DualShock and the issue went away just that easily. What could be causing this, and how can I go about fixing it?

    submitted by /u/The_Hause
    [link] [comments]

    How much should I sell my PC for?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 05:32 AM PST

    Here is a pcpartpicker list of my specs. I have used my pc for less than 3 yrs and it is in good condition. I am trying to sell it but I don't know what a reasonable price would be.

    PC specs

    submitted by /u/XShred212
    [link] [comments]

    How long will my hard drive last?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 05:44 PM PST

    I have a Seagate 1TB external hard drive and use it to store family pictures, important documents, and back-up my laptop. It was bought 4-5 years ago, runs well and looks like it was bought yesterday. Probably because I take it out like once a month and turn it on for an hour at most. Otherwise it lives in the fire safe.

    I have a feeling it can go a while without being replaced but I obviously don't want to take any risks. How often should I replace it?

    submitted by /u/MoonMan75
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Shadow Volume Copy Service enabled by default?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 04:59 PM PST

    I am running Windows 10.

    submitted by /u/Abecadura
    [link] [comments]

    2 monitors, Win + P and PC screen only turns off second monitor but still has it 'powered on' with a black screen. How can I turn it COMPLETELY off without unplugging?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 04:52 PM PST

    Net Nanny equivalent for very un-tech-savvy adults?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:27 AM PST

    I have grandparents who chronically have (read: create) issues with their computer. Could anyone recommend software or a Widows how-to that would help me pare down their access to anything except the most basic functions/software on their computer? I'm imagining the type of set-up found on public library computers: it allows access to Word, a web browser, etc. but prevents you from installing programs, altering configuration files, etc. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/cadwalladercolden
    [link] [comments]

    Spilled Coca Cola on laptop - what to do?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 09:35 AM PST

    It landed on the keyboard. I instantly put the coke can away, turned off the laptop, turned the laptop over, and cleaned all the excess liquid with a cloth. I've never had this happen before. What should I have done and will the internal hardware corrode or rust?

    submitted by /u/__Nacho__Cheese
    [link] [comments]

    How to actually create a Social Media

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 07:03 AM PST

    Let's get right to the point. Even though I'm still a High School Student, I was wishing for a long time to make a project to create ... a website. It may sound slightly foolish (and it is) but I still intend to achieve it with a more rational way. Knowing that I'm not that bad about programming with html and css codes, what would be the most effective way to achieve this goal?

    PS: This site would be mostly inspired by 4Chan, a bit of Reddit and other medias.

    submitted by /u/Lordesser
    [link] [comments]

    Question about USB flash drives speeds

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 06:54 AM PST

    Hi!

    I have a question about USB flash drives. I have results that show that a 32GB DT50 is a lot faster than a 8GB DT50 (both on USB 3.1 port) I want to know why is it that the same model has such a huge speed difference only because of the capacity?

    I heard something about parallelism, but I am not sure if it has anything to do with it.

    Would be awesome if anyone has a source for the info aswell.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/tunachopss
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment