• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 17, 2019

    Tech Support - Advice on tagging images and creating a searchable collection?

    Tech Support - Advice on tagging images and creating a searchable collection?


    Advice on tagging images and creating a searchable collection?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 01:07 AM PST

    I am looking for the best way to create a user-friendly, searchable catalogue of images. I have a collection of about 500-1000 images of historical paintings that I would like to be able to attach info and content tags to. My aim is to make the collection searchable by these (e.g. "display all images including royalty and swords" or "line drawings with horses and armour"). As well as the tags which will apply to multiple images, I'd like to be able to include specific information about each one (date, artist etc) and links, preferably with thumbnails, to other images in the collection (e.g. here are all the other portraits of Francis Drake).

    I am working mainly on ubuntu but ideally I'd like something that would be usable on windows too.

    I am stuck at the moment whether I'm best off downloading them and adding metadata individually or whether I should be looking for a souped-up version of pinterest. Ideally I would like to grant remote read-only access but I could compromise on an off-line solution if the tag and search functionality was much better that way.

    submitted by /u/AutismWoes
    [link] [comments]

    Would it be fair to say that all computer programming boils down to if/ then and if/then else statements?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 04:15 PM PST

    Need advice on pairing an M.2 with my MoBo

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 02:02 AM PST

    Hi,

    I want to buy the Kingston KC2000 500GB, but i'm not sure if it'll work with my mobo: Gigabyte Z97X-Sli?

    If someone can offer any insight as i'm not very texh savvy.

    submitted by /u/lordZ3d
    [link] [comments]

    The most important piece of metal in my life (iPad 3)

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 07:34 PM PST

    I have an old iPad 3 from my child hood and it has about every picture or video I could ever cherish from my childhood. I carried everywhere with me and made my videos of me and my best friend, I moved away and I miss him so much, we have known each other since we where little kids and gotten each other through allot. Those memories are worth a fortune to me and I have had the old thing for years. Problem is I'm locked out. It's got the old old old IOS on it and I'm guessing it might be easy to hack into. But I'm very worried somebody will screw up and delete everything on it and I can't find or think of anywhere I can get it Hacked for all my information. -Can the information be wiped by accident? -Is it easy to get it out with such and old software?
    -I don't have any Apple ID passwords or anything at all that would provide proof other than the serial number being linked to my dads name

    -please help me get into this treasure chest

    I wouldn't want anything more than those old videos they would bring me all the joy and memories in the world, of my old little town and life. Childhood goes by like a snap of the fingers, I don't want mental memories to fade.

    submitted by /u/R_abisaid1
    [link] [comments]

    Portable AC compressor won't start

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 12:19 AM PST

    What's happening is that the compressor seems to attempt to start and then there's a drop in power throughout the area, lights (from a different socket) dim and stuff. After a second there's a click from the unit and the power goes back to normal. After 30 secs or so the unit tries again. It's like it can't get enough power to start up. It's worked fine for the last 5 years (only use it around 15-20 days a year in summer) and it only draws around 1100W max, the max per outlet is 2400W. Time to replace?

    submitted by /u/genialerarchitekt
    [link] [comments]

    Audio docking station?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 06:26 PM PST

    Help!

    Now that I'm working from home, I need a solution for my cell phone. People have always had trouble hearing me when I put them on speakerphone, but I don't want to hold the phone to my ear or wear headphones all day. Ideally I'd want some sort of docking station with a speaker, like this one here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/azpen-dockall-10w-qi-certified-wireless-charging-pad-for-iphone-android-black/6361820.p?skuId=6361820&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=560&ref=212&loc=BM01&gclid=Cj0KCQiA89zvBRDoARIsAOIePbBFA4n-cntkAmWIIYKAdFktyigvcw2mu37UIV3Lrd32SyXO-VXha3saAmO_EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

    This device charged my phone well and had great, clear sound on my end. However, it was horrible for calls (Bluetooth). No one on the other end could hear me very well through the device's mic. Once I disconnected and used my phone's mic (Google Pixel 3 ), they could hear me just fine. I just need something where my coworkers can hear me clearly and I can hear them via an external speaker, while also charging my phone (a single usb-c port means I can't charge and plug in an external speaker at the same time).

    Any advice is appreciated!!

    submitted by /u/thot_sauce
    [link] [comments]

    If you were going to program a human brain, what would the programming look like? Could you program essentially a future predicting machine with the goal of simply existing with "if/then" statements?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 08:44 PM PST

    Is there a more informative search engine?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 12:23 PM PST

    I feel like as of late google turns up nearly 100% completely worthless blog posts. I often add 'reddit' to my search because even opinionated and potentially incorrect redditors is far far better than robotic clickbait content. Is there any better alternative?

    submitted by /u/bakertech
    [link] [comments]

    Is the file Securityhealthsystray.exe legit?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 11:09 AM PST

    I ran a cCleaner scan and took a look at files that run at startup. I saw an entry for Securityhealthsystray.exe which says it's a Microsoft file. Is this file legit, or should I remove the entry?

    https://imgur.com/ZrBs8fS

    EDIT: Malwarebytes didn't flag it, so I'll assume(?) it's legit.

    submitted by /u/Mister_Kurtz
    [link] [comments]

    Mobile App Fund - scam?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 09:20 AM PST

    Thanks in advance for any responses.

    I submitted an app idea several weeks ago and got a call today that it got approved for Tier 2 funding (50% income split). The catch is that I need to pay $500 for the proof of concept, then investors will be propositioned and they will take care of the rest.

    Im understandably skeptical and wondering if this is just a sales call. Does anyone have experience with them? Or how can I go about developing it myself?

    submitted by /u/TheWriteBitch
    [link] [comments]

    How can i see wich pages i am following on facebook?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 07:00 AM PST

    If i lave a broke LCD screen on a notebook and use an external monitor, will it cause more damage and if so, how can i tell?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 06:53 AM PST

    Title.

    submitted by /u/janonas
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment