• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 12, 2020

    Tech Support - How does discord earn money?

    Tech Support - How does discord earn money?


    How does discord earn money?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 11:39 PM PDT

    URGENT HELP

    Posted: 12 May 2020 04:54 AM PDT

    PLEASE HELP

    Please help I don't think it's hard to fix

    Ok this is hard to describe but I run my fortnite 1920x1080p 16:9 and I use razer cortex in the background so recently I could click windows key and it wouldn't like freeze my game or take a lot of time for stuff that's not fortnite to come but since I've downloaded and reinstalled the game now when I click out it'll make my screen go black for a little bit and then will finally open windows is there and also on my hotkeys to skip or play a song on the top of the screen it'll show but not anymore while playing fortnite I feel like somethings wrong with the display settings in either nvidia or fortnite and I need help fixing this please if anyone could comment how to fix it'd mean a lot (also for some reason expierencing more input delay) (Also if this helps I also got two more resolution options after all this I used to only have three when it was normal)

    submitted by /u/cloutonjah
    [link] [comments]

    KVM Switch

    Posted: 12 May 2020 03:31 AM PDT

    I'm planning to buy a KVM switch and it doesn't come with a headphone jack for my speakers. If I get a USB to headphone jack adapter would it work with that port? I asked the seller but he says he doesn't know. It's not a regular USB slot because it's the one port for those two devices. So would audio come out from it?

    submitted by /u/datasian_
    [link] [comments]

    Does Anyone know what kind of tablet this is?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 04:33 PM PDT

    As the title implies, im trying to find out what kind of tablet this is, however i would also just be satisfied knowing what kind of connection it has, as it is an absolutely bizarre connection that isnt any normal usb type, and ive got no clues. Cheers to all of you, thanks for help, or trying to. The reason why im asking here is the tablets been dead for a long time, cant charge it cause we lost the cable, we dont have the box anymore, and there is NO BRAND on it at all, all i am sure of is that it runs Android, and its at least 3 years old, possibly quite more.

    Tablet

    Connection

    submitted by /u/RavenTheSergal
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I find this charger?

    Posted: 12 May 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    Does anyone know what type of usb is that so I could search it from somewhere?

    https://imgur.com/gallery/QBoQJSy

    submitted by /u/kyyner
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking for a device that has two HDMI inputs and two HDMI outputs, and can swap the outputs at will.

    Posted: 11 May 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    I am NOT looking for a device that will let me display the same thing on two monitors.

    I have an Xbox and PC, and I am tired of switching between the displays to use one or the other. I am plannign to buy a small (6-10 inch) monitor to mount on or next to my main monitor so that I can still see/get an idea of whats going on on the other display.

    For this, I need a device that has two inputs and two outputs. I need the two output displays to swap at will.

    Any recommendations? I have been googling for an hour now.

    submitted by /u/Riftus
    [link] [comments]

    How come when I asked how to install and use ClamWin on my iPhone XR to the white hat forum on reddit, no one has responded yet?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    How come when I asked how to install and use ClamWin on my iPhone XR to the white hat forum on reddit, no one has responded yet? It has been days and I haven't got a single response. Why? Why is progress going so slow?

    submitted by /u/ThanosWayne
    [link] [comments]

    iMac or PC?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 10:05 PM PDT

    Hey guys so some background story I'm a computer science student in my last year of uni and recently my Dell XPS15 has broke down so I've been using my MacBook Pro for the last few weeks.

    However, I'm currently using a maxed spec MacBook Pro mid 2012 and lately it has been showing signs of it slowing down so I'm looking to upgrade to get a desktop. I'm currently torn between the iMac and building my own PC. On one hand I love the Mac OS and the ability to be able to code on Xcode. On the other hand building my own PC would be way cheaper than buying a new decently decked out iMac (I do a lot of video editing and illustrator stuff so need a powerful machine).

    I've estimated my cost to be around $2800AUD to build my own PC including a mouse 2 monitors and keyboard. While the iMac will be $4000+. So for a programmer and UI/UX designer which one do you guys think would be the better option? I don't game at all currently but may do some light gaming in the future.

    submitted by /u/lifeofphai123
    [link] [comments]

    Help downloading iPhone pics plz!!

    Posted: 11 May 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    I recently transferred photos from my phone to a separate hard drive and all photos downloaded as videos. Is there a way change them back to live photos or to get them back on my iPhone as Live Photos?

    Also, how do I get my photo albums to download to the hard drive instead of all individual photos downloading in random order into one folder?

    submitted by /u/rjess7
    [link] [comments]

    Why don't macOS and Windows offer a native way to check CPU temps?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    Just what the title says. I was just curious and I couldn't find much info on it on Google.

    I'm not sure if it's the same for Linux.

    It just seems odd to me that you can check so many hardware stats from your OS, but not temp, yet it's being monitored by your BIOS and there is no shortage of 3rd party apps that will do it, so why not include it as a native feature?

    Does anyone have any insight into this? Why so many popular operating systems don't include this feature? Is it too logistically complex? Safety /security issues?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/huebschwerlen
    [link] [comments]

    Why all .wtf domain providers say that google.wtf is taken but according to WHOIS it belongs to no one?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    Why doesnt every company use h.265 or vp9?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    Like why cant we all use one if they both are equally good?

    submitted by /u/SnowySupreme
    [link] [comments]

    Issue logging in to my personal Microsoft Office 365 email after logging into my school's email.

    Posted: 11 May 2020 05:50 PM PDT

    I cannot access my personal email from my pc, but I can log in from the outlook app on my phone. The message it sends above the login portion is as follows. " You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead. " h e l p m e .

    submitted by /u/flippyfloppydisks
    [link] [comments]

    Even though I have microphone/camera access off on safari, if on a website that needs access to my photos or camera, safari allows it.

    Posted: 11 May 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    Even though I have microphone/camera access off on safari, if on a website that needs access to my photos or camera, safari allows it. It's the same for Firefox and chrome and any other web app. I have photos/camera access off under restrictions and on the app settings themselves. Why?

    submitted by /u/gigipogii
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a product like the Cisco Spark Board 70"?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 04:44 PM PDT

    My boss had a company install one in his office and it's amazing, but it doesn't have as much capability as he thought it would. He's looking for something that he can use Microsoft Teams/Skype/FaceTime etc.. The Cisco Spark Board only uses WebEx and he would really like to connect his laptop/phone via HDMI and use the screen's devices, like the webcam.

    Any suggestions for a setup like that?

    submitted by /u/greent714
    [link] [comments]

    Are 2c/4t mobile (such as U-series) processors dead?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    Over the past year or so, I've become very interested in used hardware that can be polished up and put back into regular use. Last fall I purchased a Thinkpad T450s and have been using it almost daily ever since, and with an SSD, extended battery, and Ubuntu it's holding up great. I use it mainly for writing and research and occasionally for very light gaming and on-again, off-again attempts at learning Python.

    So far I've had no issues with it, and don't forsee any major issues in the near future. It has an i5-5200u and 8GB RAM, and could potentially by bumped to 12GB if I ever feel so inclined. In moments of boredom, I like to browse eBay for used Latitudes/Probooks/ThinkPads just to see where newer models are standing in price. It seems like machines with 7th gen and older Intel processors for the most part are becoming increasingly affordable, but the specs on those CPUs are all relatively similar in terms of clock speed and having 2 cores and 4 threads.

    As these laptops become increasingly cheaper, will they also quickly become obsolete? As newer laptops follow desktops into the realm of higher core and thread counts, is it expected that 2c/4t machines will be unable to keep up? Obviously for modern gaming, creative work, programming, CAD, etc., these older processors are long since outdated in most cases. But for web browsing and productivity applications, do you think the older processors will still be usable for a few more years to come?

    Luckily I'm not looking to make an upgrade since my Thinkpad is still remarkably usable and I have a desktop I built for gaming and heavier use, but I am curious for curiosity's sake.

    submitted by /u/nameboy_color
    [link] [comments]

    Best portable WiFi?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    I have a mobile grooming trailer that I want to have cameras on. I was thinking of getting Verizon mifi to run the cameras off of while I'm working all day on the go, but the reviews are AWFUL. Are there any other options or suggestions for what I can do?

    submitted by /u/TheeRagdoll
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop key replacement (huawei matebook d14)

    Posted: 11 May 2020 03:40 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, broke a key on my laptop (MODEL: Huawei matebook D14), i am looking for a replacement key, but i live in europe, and the only place i found which can replace my laptop key is american and therefore will take way too long to get here. I am therefore asking if anyone would know of a different brand laptop which uses the exact keyboard/key/hinge, so that i can buy myself one. Due to my urgency I can't wait for something to come from america especially during these circumstances!

    anyway thanks for anybody's help :)

    submitted by /u/alecb_______e
    [link] [comments]

    Are all the SanDisk Micro SD Cards from Europe the same exact model and function the same as the North American ones?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 07:13 AM PDT

    Is the SanDisk Extreme Pro 1 TB Micro SD Card selling on Amazon Europe the same exact model as the US version and does it work in Canada? I'm asking because the 1 TB Extreme Pro is not in stock on the Canada and US Amazon sites which leaves me no choice but to buy it on the Europe Amazon site. See the item that I'm referring to in the link below, thanks.

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RKL6PK9?noLL=1&askMessage=USER_PURCHASE_REQUIRED&th=1

    submitted by /u/Darthy09
    [link] [comments]

    How come I can unzip a zip file to 140,000 files in a couple of minutes, but if I try to copy those same files to a another drive it takes a few hours?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    I no longer have the original zip file, so I'm copying a set of folders with 140,630 files to a usb drive (to transfer to another computer), and it's taking forever (3 plus hours each way). The original zip file took only a few minutes to unzip and create the 140,000+ files.

    Would it have been faster to create a new zip file? But still, I just wonder why the huge difference in time.

    submitted by /u/esotericnumeric
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations: Wireless earbuds

    Posted: 11 May 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    Im looking for new earbuds. I've always used the samsung earphones which are delivered together with a new phone. However, I feel like I need to try wireless bluetooth earphones/earbuds.

    However I do not know which earbuds to buy. After some searching on the internet I found JBL Tune 120TWS and JBL Tune 220TWS which seem to be a good buy.

    My budget is 100 euros. (~110 USD) I dont need anything very high-end. (Like compusers use). I want to use them to watch movies using them and listen to music. I want the sound quality to be somewhat high. I want either a long lasting battery or a charging case with it. Furthermore I dont want a cable which connects the earbuds together. They should be completely wireless.

    I'd love to hear your recommendations and experiences.

    submitted by /u/DonutZonderGat
    [link] [comments]

    I can get a Quadro P400(new) from a local market for just about $100 , should i get it?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 07:54 AM PDT

    I do some animation in blender but just as a hobby and my current gpu is enough but since the Quadro's are designed specifically for rendering i thought it would perform somehow better ,Sorry if i said anything wrong i don't actually know how they work, don't know if thats relevent but also i have multiple(2) displays

    submitted by /u/YET_TO_BE_NAMED
    [link] [comments]

    How Websites Like Neobux Can Detect that your computer have previously visited it.

    Posted: 11 May 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    HI

    i am developing a site and as far as i know websites use cookies to track you or sometimes ip address. But sites like neobux claims that they can track the computer in means like if i change my ip and cleaned cookies or changed browser then they can track me . SO what is this technology and how can i use it in my website?

    submitted by /u/Suryansh5545
    [link] [comments]

    One laptop, one PS4, one monitor, one ethernet

    Posted: 11 May 2020 09:40 AM PDT

    I recently purchased a monitor to act as a second screen for my laptop and to play my PS4 on. It has one HDMI input. I also have a powerline for ethernet. It means I have to unplug both ethernet and HDMI everytime I want to switch devices. My PS4 has to be near where my laptop goes to avoid rerouting cables (which is doable, but not very neat).

    I had a look for a HDMI/Ethernet combination splitter/switcher, but they don't seem to exist. I could get both separately, I suppose, but does anyone have any neater/smarter ideas?

    submitted by /u/EmJay102
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment